Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Firebird T pick up levelers or holders

bigtim

As many of you know I just purchased a firebird 2017 T. It came with plastic pieces under the pick up rings to level the pick ups to the strings. I like it actually and am going to keep them there. Is this the first year they have done this or did all of the previous years models come with them and people took them off? I prefer the pick ups to be level with the strings. On an SG standard large guard I had I stuff a small piece of foam under both pick ups and that did the trick. Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

As many of you know I just purchased a firebird 2017 T. It came with plastic pieces under the pick up rings to level the pick ups to the strings. I like it actually and am going to keep them there. Is this the first year they have done this or did all of the previous years models come with them and people took them off? I prefer the pick ups to be level with the strings. On an SG standard large guard I had I stuff a small piece of foam under both pick ups and that did the trick. Just curious.

I'm about to do the foam plastic trick on my 2016 Firebird T. I LOVE that guitar other than the stupid floppy pickups. msp_thumbup.gif

Archived