Gibson Brands Forums

I like her!

jedzep

Nice share, Jed. She has good taste in guitars, too.

Raw, stripped down percussion appreciated. And I can especially relate to the guitar player trying to overcome technical difficulties, and get comfortable on the _______ (banjo, in this case).

I liked it except for the drummer who may have forgot his brushes and overdid it. I don't know how she heard herself standing in front of that, must be good monitors.

I prefer the next one that came up on Youtube - love it - "Poor Little ***** Whipped Boy":

BluesKing777.

• 2 weeks later...

Her Pistol Annies bandmate - Ashley Moore - had a song similar in theme to Presley's "Knocked Up". Moore's song is "Two Weeks Late". I guess this could become a recurrent theme.

I got Moore's album a few months back. Was interested when I heard her sing "You Ain't Dolly (You Ain't Porter) with Blake Shelton. I have to confess, I never noticed what guitar she plays.

She's a great singer. I like the 'new/old' country coming out now. As opposed to FLA/GA Line and their ilk - trying to be homogenized/pop/outlaw and failing on all three legs of a wobbly, ill-conceived stool.

Archived