Gibson Brands Forums

Heartbreaking songs

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks,

I parted ways with someone today.

One of those forever friendships that wasn't really forever

Someone who meant the world to me.

I need some cheering up...The way I cheer up is listening to heartbreaking songs.So if you got one you like or has helped you through the loss of someone you thought you'd never lose ...Let's hear it.

Edit:I will also be retiring my Sj 200 TV and Hummingbird TV as they were associated to said person.

Thanks

JC

Folks,

I parted ways with someone today.

One of those forever friendships that wasn't really forever

Someone who meant the world to me.

I need some cheering up...The way I cheer up is listening to heartbreaking songs.So if you got one you like or has helped you through the loss of someone you thought you'd never lose ...Let's hear it.

Edit:I will also be retiring my Sj 200 TV and Hummingbird TV as they were associated to said person.

Thanks

JC

Sorry to hear of your sorrow.

Not a song, but...

But, you should reconsider not retiring those guitars. Recommend, unassociating them from your loss. Someone left your life. Your guitars did not unless she walked out with them. If that didn't happen, cherish what you have.

Wayyy back when I was single and a break up with a female occurred, the first thing I would do is get my guitar (I had more than one) back, then I could have closure. Even when I was in a platonic singing group with a female and our group broke up, my biggest concern for closure was to get my guitar back that I had left there for practice.

Treasure what remains. Tomorrow is another day. And, a good guitar, is a good guitar.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Sorry to hear of your sorrow.

Not a song, but...

But, you should reconsider not retiring those guitars. Recommend, unassociating them from your loss. Someone left your life. Your guitars did not unless she walked out with them. If that didn't happen, cherish what you have.

Wayyy back when I was single and a break up with a female occurred, the first thing I would do is get my guitar (I had more than one) back, then I could have closure. Even when I was in a platonic singing group with a female and our group broke up, my biggest concern for closure was to get my guitar back that I had left there for practice.

Treasure what remains. Tomorrow is another day. And, a good guitar, is a good guitar.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Jeff ,

I appreciate that.I have already thought about it for a while (weeks) and the fact is that those guitars are psychologically laced with memories that I no longer wish to carry.I am just going to order something else as a main guitar and continue.

If that ever changes they will be in the closet.

For the time being will play my old Yamaha until I can get access to my remaining gibsons or just flatout order something.

Here's my song:

JC

Now that's a different thang as setting aside for awhile until they are called back into duty or rotation makes total sense. Might even be a creative thang to change guitars as well as a creative thing when you go back to them. That's a whole lot different than getting rid of good guitars.

Hang in there! Life has a way of one door closing and another one opening.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

If you don't mind electric rather than acoustic... I've previously called this the 'greatest song ever' and to me it might just be (those solos!). In any case, this version, given the skins photo montage and Spanish subtitles might just hit the spot for a young guy names Juan Carlos. If so, consider it a gift...

Ian Tyson, Barney...

I don't know how to post youtube videos; google it.

First, be on a PC or a desktop, so you have full capabilities and icons on the Gibson site.

2). Go to YouTube and copy the URL of the video you have selected to play as its playing.

3). When replying to the Gibson post, after you hit reply, click on the URL icon to the right of the smiley face icon. Back space out the http/ phrase, and paste the link you copied from YouTube in the upper blank space. Then in the lower one, label it. Then hit enter.

Type what you want on top of the reply page before the URL already entered. Submit. Edit again as needed.

Voila! Done. There is also a link to show the video frame rather than the URL, but it slips my mind right now which one it is.

End of lesson. Hope it helps.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Hello Juan Carlos, sad to hear you have been losing a friend. I think I can relate to it more than I wish... [crying]

Anyway, with all the bad luck I ever had, there fortunately never has been any musical instrument associated to anyone but me.

When about songs really heartbreaking, these here always do it for me:

(... I think the third line of the last verse would be "The hippie woman seemed to fade out of my mind")

Sorry about your sorrow, JC. Time heals all wounds.

I'll offer up a sad one by Commander Cody, "Down to Seeds and Stems Again Blues", with Nicolette Larson on vocals. I wish she was still with us.

Sorry for your sorrows, Juan Carlos...I hope the music, within and without, helps you through...

Look up Linda and Richard Thompson-- The Dimming of the Day. There are several versions out there....each to the point.

Peace to you...

Edit:

Life ain't easy, is it? Sorry you're going through a tough time right now. There's a song somewhere in your sad times. When the time is right and you're moving-on, maybe you'll write it. Hang-in there, old friend. And keep those guitars. They're friends who are there when you need them. Here's a bit of sorrow from Greg Brown.................

JCV,

It's a sad part of life. Pain is unavoidable. You need to go through the grieving process or you'll wind up stuck, like the subject of this song.

Put those guitars up for awhile. There should come a day when they'll bring you only the good memories, and you'll treasure them all the more.

I'm not a huge Rolling Stones fan but for me, Angie.. One of the most heart wrenching songs I've ever heard.

and thanks for posting that Cat Stevens songs, he's one of my all time favorite composer/performers.

Archived