Gibson Brands Forums

Flat Earth

Mr. Gibson

1500664106[/url]' post='1870088']

Flat earth got over a 120 responses,I wonder if we talk about if we really went to he moon how the conversation would go...personally I think the moon landing is a fable.1969 technology wouldn't allow it. Feel free to chime in,but no insults please.

They had a documentary about that way back and I always wondered if they really had the technology to do it. Of course the documentary disproved it as shown on Net Flix. And watching it just brought more doubts but however the flag that was shown flapping in the wind like it would here from their footage looked fake what the documentary showed. Frankly I could care less if some people want to believe the Earth is as flat as a pancake. Gather them all up and give them a ship cruise to the edge of the Earth and then ask them where it's at?msp_flapper.gif

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had a documentary about that way back and I always wondered if they really had the technology to do it. Of course the documentary disproved it as shown on Net Flix. And watching it just brought more doubts but however the flag that was shown flapping in the wind like it would here from their footage looked fake what the documentary showed. Frankly I could care less if some people want to believe the Earth is as flat as a pancake. Gather them all up and give them a ship cruise to the edge of the Earth and then ask them where it's at?msp_flapper.gif

The flag is moving because of the momentum from when they planted it. With the lower gravity and vacuum the flag has less restricted movement than it would on earth. If you had a large enough vacuum you could test it yourself, or you could just take the word from the people that have done it

As far as technology not being advanced enough at that time, well all you have to do to disprove that is research what technology they used. They also had some major malfunctions and almost died, so it's not like they were on autopilot and everything went perfectly

1500668372[/url]' post='1870102']

The flag is moving because of the momentum from when they planted it. With the lower gravity and vacuum the flag has less restricted movement than it would on earth. If you had a large enough vacuum you could test it yourself, or you could just take the word from the people that have done it

As far as technology not being advanced enough at that time, well all you have to do to disprove that is research what technology they used. They also had some major malfunctions and almost died, so it's not like they were on autopilot and everything went perfectly

I remember watching it all go down on TV as a kid and was amazed with it. Over the decades I forgot some of the issues but The Documentery was pretty convincing with lots of issues. They showed things like the lighting was wrong from the source of the sun, wrong angles of things, no stars were shown in space and in the end they made it look like it was filmed on Earth in a speacial built building. The flag the documentary showed on the moon looked like a cardboard flag and that's what got my attention as to a phony flag and it was only showed in the document. My only doubt before the Net Felix show was the communication. In the 60's, there were no cell phones, walki talkies only reached out so far. There's no telligraph wires from earth to the moon and telephones were old fashioned dial. How could they communicate from earth to the moon? I looked up the explanation which you would have to be a genius to figure out how they did it with a camera that could withstand crushing forces of liftoff and then function in near weightlessness on the moon and transported back to television but on the way back it seems they lost all of the tapes.

I remember watching it all go down on TV as a kid and was amazed with it. Over the decades I forgot some of the issues but The Documentery was pretty convincing with lots of issues. They showed things like the lighting was wrong from the source of the sun, wrong angles of things, no stars were shown in space and in the end they made it look like it was filmed on Earth in a speacial built building. The flag the documentary showed on the moon looked like a cardboard flag and that's what got my attention as to a phony flag and it was only showed in the document. My only doubt before the Net Felix show was the communication. In the 60's, there were no cell phones, walki talkies only reached out so far. There's no telligraph wires from earth to the moon and telephones were old fashioned dial. How could they communicate from earth to the moon? I looked up the explanation which you would have to be a genius to figure out how they did it with a camera that could withstand crushing forces of liftoff and then function in near weightlessness on the moon and transported back to television but on the way back it seems they lost all of the tapes.

Personally I have no doubt that it was real and to be honest I bet they did more that we don't know about. The spaceship itself only had to do relatively very minimal "computing", the brain power was from the people that planned, designed, and executed the project.

As surfpup said, the "Mythbusters" episode will address each issue that you noted and I think it's something you would enjoy watching. I don't consider Mythbusters to be the final proof, but I think it at least answers those things that you brought up

1500682240[/url]' post='1870188']

Well, let me Google that for you.

Interesting. Honestly I never knew that. Learn something new every day. The use of the moon as a passive communication satellite was proposed by W. J. Bray of the British General post office in 1940. They calculated with the available microwave transmission powers and low noise receivers it would be possible to beam microwave signals from Earth & reflect off the moon. It was thought at least 1 voice channel would be possible and this technique was developed in parallel by the U.S. Military & Hungarian group led by Bay after World War ll and successfully used in 1946. Then to ensure direct transmission signals from the moon NASA had to maintain stations in 3 continents. 2 in Australia, 1 in the Mojave desert California, one in Spain and a 200 foot radio dish in New South Wales. like I said, I can remember watching the entire launch on TV and the communications in space and the landing and walk on the moon and back. I was 16 then and believed it but watching that documentary was also incredible with its scientific doubts by experts. They brought up tons of questions like radiation exposure. They show footage of the moon walk and it shows shadows coming in 2 different directions from 2 light sources. It was also worth watching and that's what brought on my doubts. It claimed the whole thing was done and shot inside a building to make Russia and the rest of the world think the U.S. Was the first to land on the moon. Even in the footage you provided shows the flag being planted and it's moving around loosely as they plant it showing that it's real waveable flag and then once it's planted and they walk away the flag is blown out straight like strong wind holding it out.

I think perhaps the most interesting thing about conspiracy theories is the people who believe in them.

Especially the ones involving the government. I mean, these people give too much credit for extremely competent people within the government. There's leakers and hackers and slip-ups all the time. And yet when it come to certain conspiracies, there are legions of perfectly disciplined operatives who never get hacked, never leak info, never slip up and have unlimited resources. If they are that good and so powerful, why don't they just impose anything they want on us, rather than all this sneaking around stuff?

Aristarchos of Samos (and others) had discovered the true nature of our planetary nature as part of a solar system as far back as the 3rd century B.C.

It was the Roman Catholic Church and pretty much they alone which refused to accept - and woe betide any who gainsaid them - the scientific evidence which proved that the Earth orbited the Sun and that we were part of a heliocentric system.

Without their self-serving interference science would have progressed much earlier.

Pip.

What happened was that progress was made outside the reach of the Catholic Church. Galileo himself predicted this when he spoke of 'being overtaken by northern rivals'. Had Newton been born in a Catholic country he would have been gagged too.

The crazy thing is that none of this science was contradicting scripture at all.

The crazy thing is that none of this science was contradicting scripture at all.

The church never really let scripture get it way the though. :rolleyes:

I remember reading somewhere that even Darwin was worried about his research conflicting with religion, and that was hundreds of years later.

The church never really let scripture get it way the though. :rolleyes:

I remember reading somewhere that even Darwin was worried about his research conflicting with religion, and that was hundreds of years later.

Darwin's wife was very religious. He sat on his discoveries and research for years. He only published after Wallace wrote to him (who had figured it out for himself).

Archived