Gibson Brands Forums

Flat Earth

Mr. Gibson

This is the strangest discussion I've ever seen on here.

I did always have my doubts that it was a perfect circle, though.

I figured the giant chicken that passed earth and the other planets couldn't have laid a perfect circle.

lol,,the stranger the better! [thumbup]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the strangest discussion I've ever seen on here.

I did always have my doubts that it was a perfect circle, though.

I figured the giant chicken that passed earth and the other planets couldn't have laid a perfect circle.

I think the earth is actually slightly egg shaped due to the centrifugal force of its rotation so it's not a perfect sphere

What I find really odd is how a man that has never been a politician, become President and his advisors include a handbag designer. [thumbup] [thumbup]

it's not odd at all. in fact, trump is not the first us prez w/o political experience. he's not even the 3rd. google is your friend. all politicians are crooks. the idea of one being better than any other is like comparing crap sandwiches by which bread they used.

it's not odd at all. in fact, trump is not the first us prez w/o political experience. he's not even the 3rd. google is your friend. all politicians are crooks. the idea of one being better than any other is like comparing crap sandwiches by which bread they used.

Take Trump and your friend Google over to the politics forum before I give you a tongue lashing. [thumbdn]

Take Trump and your friend Google over to the politics forum before I give you a tongue lashing. [thumbdn]

#1, i didn't bring it up, i responded to someone else, so go get yourself a waaaa burger and some french cries.

#2, keep your tongue to yourself, i don't roll like that

if you guys dont want political things discussed here, like i've said before, don't bring it up. it's super simple. the rules should be the same for all players

it sure seems like anyone can say whatever they want, but if i make a comment some whiner has to get all snotty about it. every single time someone has some complaint, i am only commenting on someone else's post that was fine until i posted my opinion.

Urban myths are fun! I have one question: if the foregoing is urban, does that connect with/apply to the myth that rural areas lack indoor plumbing? ����

I am having real trouble with this one.... :-k[confused]

Is it because the earth is flat and so water doesn't flow out in the country or something? #-o #-o

But then why is the Moon almost upside down when you see it from Australia?

And my bath water swirls one way.....and in the basin right next to it, it swirls the other.

Oohhhh.... [crying]:unsure: [unsure]

I like reading conspiracy theories because they're very entertaining and this is the latest I've reading. Flat Earth is the center of the universe and everything revolves around earth and Antarctica ice keeps the ocean waters in.

If the Earth was flat, cats would have knocked everything off by now.

Heard the one about the cat? Very amusing.....the first time.... [laugh]

That's what happens when a thread goes over 3 pages. People like me don't go back and read the old stuff and end up repeating things. :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure if anyone has posted Kansas' album cover yet. [biggrin]

That's what happens when a thread goes over 3 pages. People like me don't go back and read the old stuff and end up repeating things. :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure if anyone has posted Kansas' album cover yet. [biggrin]

That's because you're from saturn and your year is equal to 29 of ours.

The astronomer Ptolemy who lived about 100BC is famous for being wrong for the longest time. He said the sun goes round the earth and it took 1500 years before it was accepted that the earth goes round the sun.

But when you think about it Ptolemy had a good point, we say 'the sun is up,'the sun is going down'the sun is out, the sun is in. So in speech we still believe it!

...it took 1500 years before it was accepted that the earth goes round the sun...

Aristarchos of Samos (and others) had discovered the true nature of our planetary nature as part of a solar system as far back as the 3rd century B.C.

It was the Roman Catholic Church and pretty much they alone which refused to accept - and woe betide any who gainsaid them - the scientific evidence which proved that the Earth orbited the Sun and that we were part of a heliocentric system.

Without their self-serving interference science would have progressed much earlier.

Pip.

Aristarchos of Samos (and others) had discovered the true nature of our planetary nature as part of a solar system as far back as the 3rd century B.C.

It was the Roman Catholic Church and pretty much they alone which refused to accept - and woe betide any who gainsaid them - the scientific evidence which proved that the Earth orbited the Sun and that we were part of a heliocentric system.

Without their self-serving interference science would have progressed much earlier.

Pip.

This [thumbup]

Copernicus and Galileo would agree undoubtedly.

Flat earth got over a 120 responses,I wonder if we talk about if we really went to he moon how the conversation would go...personally I think the moon landing is a fable.1969 technology wouldn't allow it. Feel free to chime in,but no insults please.

Flat earth got over a 120 responses,I wonder if we talk about if we really went to he moon how the conversation would go...personally I think the moon landing is a fable.1969 technology wouldn't allow it. Feel free to chime in,but no insults please.

Start a new post. I'd be happy to provide a few facts to prove you're wrong. Or, you could watch the Mythbusters episode about the moon landing. I think they pretty much proved everything, at least to my satisfaction.

The most glaring issue about that assumption is that we have rovers on Mars, satellites in orbit, space station, rockets, shuttles and all that kind of stuff now and we've used them. I'd think if we were able to do all that now, if we HADN'T gone to the moon, we would now.

Archived