Gibson Brands Forums

1939 L-00 on CL

Willie King

That one looks really, really nice. If I lived near Charlotte, I'd be over like a flash to give it a once-over.

I could trade him a 2001 Volvo V-70 I just put back on the road. Runs like a top, but it's hard to play blues on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the area of this guitar and almost made plans to see it but another listing posted this guitar as fake and beware. I'm not sure if that warning has any merit but it made me think twice. He did text me more images and the tuners are non original and there maybe something funky going on with the finish but the lighting is bad...

I'm in the area of this guitar and almost made plans to see it but another listing posted this guitar as fake and beware. I'm not sure if that warning has any merit but it made me think twice. He did text me more images and the tuners are non original and there maybe something funky going on with the finish but the lighting is bad...

Since you're in the area and can examine it, you can surely tell if the guitar is as represented. Questions of whether the seller has the right to sell it are not so easily answered.

I'd like to see more pics. Looks too minty to be 78yrs old, and looks suspiciously identical to a Legend L-00 I had on loan from a pal for a while, right down to the shade of the tuner buttons.

I'd like to see more pics. Looks too minty to be 78yrs old, and looks suspiciously identical to a Legend L-00 I had on loan from a pal for a while, right down to the shade of the tuner buttons.

It looks like there may be some fretboard wear in the cowboy chord position, so chances are it's not a near-new guitar. Examination will show that. The Legends use a neck ink stamp serial number rather than a label, but they also use the modern serial number system which is completely different from any vintage numbering system.

It looks like there may be some fretboard wear in the cowboy chord position, so chances are it's not a near-new guitar. Examination will show that. The Legends use a neck ink stamp serial number rather than a label, but they also use the modern serial number system which is completely different from any vintage numbering system.

My RI is the same

My RI is the same

Your RI seems to pretty much have the same specs as the Legend. It doesn't mention a tapered headstock or all hide glue, and says 25" scale.

But very similar for less money.

Archived