Gibson Brands Forums

Inside Paul McCartney's head

daveinspain

Sir Paul [thumbup]

He and his Liverpool mates are THE reason I picked up the guitar in the first place. Thanks to my Mom for allowing me & my big brother Bobbie to stay up late the night the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan. The rest is history. He is one of the most talented musicians of our generation & I respect him greatly. Thanks for sharing that video! [thumbup]

Now, let's save some space below for the posts telling us how much they don't like...Sir Paul. :rolleyes:

Nice post, but...I've been a Beatle fan since I first saw them on the Sullivan show, but if you really want to know what's inside Sir Paul's head I'd suggest you read "Fab". It's an unauthorized bio of Macca, and probably the kindest thing said about him is that he is a "charming user". Ouch!. I sit firmly in the George Carlin camp, "the wrong two Beatles are dead", although I have no axe to grind with Ringo. Flame away if you must, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it LOL.

I agree with you Rev. I too fell in love with the Beatles and music from day one on the Sullivan show, I just wish I had not waited 50 years to start the guitar.

Me too I started playing a 52 years old but had the bug since Ed Sullivan... But it's never too late to reach for your dreams until it's too late... :-k

pfffftt!!!! what does that guy know about success? has he sold as many albums as justin beiber? can he play guitar as good as lil' wayne? who ever even heard of this guy before? he's like....90 yrs old

Seriously...?? I thought this must be a joke but I guess if you are 14 years old you might just react this way. Keep in mind I have nothing against 14 year olds.

Interesting insights.....[thumbup]

Many folks are envious of Paul's talent, intelligence, drive, ambition, good looks etc etc....

Seemingly a breeze to the heady heights of the music biz....

Conveniently overlooking the 8+ hour sets 7 (or 8) days a week in the early years....dry.gif

To paraphrase Michael Douglas....

Hunger, arrogance, single-mindedness, killer instinct, selfishness......is good....!!

Rock On....[thumbup]

V

:-({|=

Archived