Gibson Brands Forums

P90 guitars

Vajayjaytron

Hi all,

What Les Paul Gibsons are there out there with P90s?

Les Paul Juniors have all disappeared, and the only one I can find with P90s on it is the Les Paul 60's Tribute model from 2016.

Problem is if I buy a Les Paul studio or something, I still have to spend even more money to put in P90s which is a real bummer.

Thanks

Les Paul Goldtop Tribute with P90's. This is going to be my next guitar.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPTR9017-SGNH3

Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Tribute Guitar Specifications

•Body Style: Les Paul Studio

•Back: Mahogany

•Top: A grade plain maple

•Weight relief: 9 hole

•Neck: Mahogany

•Neck profile: Slim taper

•Neck width: 1.695"

•Heel: Traditional

•Fingerboard: Rosewood

•Scale length: 24.75

•Number of frets: 22 polished frets

•Nut: Tektoid

•Inlay: Acrylic trapezoids

•Bridge: Aluminum Tune-o-Matic with steel thumbwheels

•Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar with steel posts

•Knobs: Gold top hats with silver inserts and pointers

•Tuners: Grover Locking

•Plating: Nickel

•Neck pickup: P-90 Cream Covers

•Bridge pickup: P-90 Cream Covers

•Controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch

•Case: Padded gig-bag

Well, if money is no object(???), then you can get a "True Historic" model! I'm sure, for the right

price, the Custom Shop would build you a '52, 54, 56 Gold Top, P-90's, version. Gibson USA (especially)

seems to make several P-90 versions, in some years, and nothing the next, etc. So...??? Used, but

not abused, if you're in a hurry, may be the only other alternative??

Good Luck!

CB

just say no to p90s.

humbuckers rule!

I have five guitars (four of which are Gibsons) with passive humbuckers, an Ltd seven string with active EMG humbuckers and a Gibson '67 SG Special Reissue w/P-90s (GOW). While I tend to lean toward passive humbuckers, I would have a hard time EVER parting with my SG Special. A very unique tone that humbuckers or Fender-type single coils cannot duplicate.

Gibson has a 2017 Tribute that has P90s. Sam Ash has them. In my opinion, the finish is much nicer than the 2016 60s tribute. I have a 2016 tribute 60s and it is a great guitar but the look of the 2017 is better.

I have five guitars (four of which are Gibsons) with passive humbuckers, an Ltd seven string with active EMG humbuckers and a Gibson '67 SG Special Reissue w/P-90s (GOW). While I tend to lean toward passive humbuckers, I would have a hard time EVER parting with my SG Special. A very unique tone that humbuckers or Fender-type single coils cannot duplicate.

oh, so you already know [flapper]

Doesn't bother me but want something new this time round. So I'm guessing no P90 Gibsons atm except the Tribute 2016? Damn that's pretty disappointing.

I just saw some new Jrs and Specials on the Wildwood site.

Archived