Gibson Brands Forums

New J 35 owner

GDC

Dang it. Went into a shop for some strings and I'm leaving with a new J 35 I found irresistible. Had said I have all the guitars I want, but I COULDNT pass this one by... It's just too good.

Congrats, Gary. J35's are great guitars for both strumming and fingerstyle. They are lightly built and I have found them very comfortable to play. They are good bang for the buck. Enjoy!

Great choice! I've yet to play a J35 I didn't like. Really lovely guitars, light and responsive, zesty tone and great build quality. I can't wait to hear how they're all sounding in 10yrs or so, I bet they'll mature beautifully.

I've had my J-35 for a couple of months now and really enjoy it! I had gotten down to 00s and OMs and was quite satisfied, then I happened on a lonely, forlorn -35 that followed me home. It's lively, bright and LOUD. What more could you want out of a guitar?

Congrats! I love my J-35. Over the past couple of decades, I've been fortunate enough to own (and wind up selling...) some killer high-end guitars, but I'm thinking the '35 I bought last summer outdoes them all. I'm impressed every time I pick it up.

There is no doubt about it, for the money, Gibsons J 35 is a great deal. If'n you think these are great, just wait 'til you play a real one.

Well I own a J200, J100 xtra, Advanced Jumbo, Custom AJ w/adi, and a custom J 45 with adi along with various Martins and Collings and one pretty dang good Taylor. The J 35 is a great guitar by any measure.

GDC, no doubt about it, Gibson's J 35 was one of the best they've ever built, my dream Gibson was a "three tone bar non scalloped" built before '38. I guess at this stage of my life game and pocketbook, I'll have to be satisfied with my 1942 Southerner Jumbo (My birth year), my 1944 J 45 and 1949 Southern Jumbo. 'Course you do realize the '42 and '44 are "Banners" and along with the '49 Southern Jumbo are Gibsons. They are Mahogany bodies with the '42 being Red Spruce top, the '44 top being Sitka along with the '49. As much as I'd like a Rosewood "J", it would be wishing this year was 1945. Enjoy your wonderful collection of Gibsons, hopefully as long as I've enjoyed mine.

Archived