Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EJ-200 "Elvis Presley" model - how rare??

Tony Trout

Since I'm a huge Elvis fan, I almost went crazy with excitement when I first saw the Gibson J-200 replica of ELvis Presley's guitar that he used on stage from 1969-1971.

Unfortunately, though, I never was able to get one of these guitars.

I know that Gibson/Epiphone only made a few hundred of these guitars so......what would be the best way of finding one and exactly how expensive these guitars are??

Thanks for letting me ask. :)

Tony Trout

post-77130-043051100 1493477233_thumb.jpg

I know that Gibson/Epiphone only made a few hundred of these guitars so......what would be the best way of finding one and exactly how expensive these guitars are??

Looks like the Gibson version is over $5,000. An Epiphone EJ-200 "Elvis Presley" model sold on ebay last month for between $700-800, so it looks like they do come up for sale on occasion. You just have to watch ebay, reverb, gbase, craigslist, etc.... Good luck!

This shop seems to have one, but I can't quite figure out if they're saying they'll build one for you or what. You might want to give them a call....

Looks like the Gibson version is over $5,000. An Epiphone EJ-200 "Elvis Presley" model sold on ebay last month for between $700-800, so it looks like they do come up for sale on occasion. You just have to watch ebay, reverb, gbase, craigslist, etc.... Good luck!

This shop seems to have one, but I can't quite figure out if they're saying they'll build one for you or what. You might want to give them a call....

Thanks a bunch!!! I'll email them and ask about it and see what they tell me. I don't normally fool with CL - too many scammers on there. Way more than Ebay, IMO. Thank you for your help!! Much appreciated!!

Archived