Gibson Brands Forums

Can I get some help with a low wattage amp/speaker?

theflyingturtle

I have a series 1 Warmnfat 1 watt microamp (http://www.warmenfat.com/) that I am trying to set up as a practice amp. However, I can't get enough volume from the rig to be heard over an acoustic strumming! I know it is only one watt but I thought there would be more volume. It is plugged into a Weber Blue Pup speaker. When I looked at the speaker there was a label that read, "Weber Blue 10A-8-20 watts" and on the input that that connects the amp to the speaker is labeled "8 ohms 20 watts". My questions are; Do I have the wrong speaker, is there another issue leading to the low volume, and finally what 10 inch speaker might be a good choice for a one watt amp. Money isn't really an issue. Thanks.

Hmmmm... wouldn't think the speaker is the problem. I have the Weber blue Pup in a Champ clone and it seem pretty efficient.

Also I use my 1 watt Marshall JTM-1 head with the Marshall cab meant to go with the Class 5 head. It's a 10' speaker and I can be heard easily with an acoustic. I've even used it auditoriums when playing with the chorale at the school where I teach. I had to turn it down in fact.

Clicking the link you provided I do see that unit has a direct out as well as a speaker out. Are you sure you are using the speaker out into the guitar cab?

Archived