Gibson Brands Forums

New guy from Arizona

MP-5 k

Hello all, I'm a new member from Arizona. I've been playing a 2009 61 Reissue SG which has been an outstanding instrument for a while now and after searching for a year, I finally found the Explorer I have been wanting. I picked up a 2014 120th Anniversary Explorer off Reverb for a killer price. I have been wanting an explorer with neck binding for a long time and it's been tough to find one for under $2,000.00. I was a little nervous buying a guitar from the other side of the country without being able to get my hands on it but when it arrived it was perfect. After a quick setup it plays like butter and sounds killer. I know some people aren't crazy about the 120th inlay at the 12th fret but it doesn't bother me at all. THese are great guitars and a bargain for what you get in my opinion. THe fit and finish on this one is outstanding so couldn't be happier.

Looking forward to hanging out here and learning from all those that know more than I do.

image_zpson7vrczh.jpeg

Hello all, I'm a new member from Arizona. I've been playing a 2009 61 Reissue SG which has been an outstanding instrument for a while now and after searching for a year, I finally found the Explorer I have been wanting. I picked up a 2014 120th Anniversary Explorer off Reverb for a killer price. I have been wanting an explorer with neck binding for a long time and it's been tough to find one for under $2,000.00. I was a little nervous buying a guitar from the other side of the country without being able to get my hands on it but when it arrived it was perfect. After a quick setup it plays like butter and sounds killer. I know some people aren't crazy about the 120th inlay at the 12th fret but it doesn't bother me at all. THese are great guitars and a bargain for what you get in my opinion. THe fit and finish on this one is outstanding so couldn't be happier.

Looking forward to hanging out here and learning from all those that know more than I do.

image_zpson7vrczh.jpeg

Welcome, nice guitars and rig you have there, especially that SG.

• 4 weeks later...

The first several years I was in Arizona, I spent A LOT more time "on business" in Phoenix than in Tucson. That or Douglas, Nogales or Ajo, subsequently ending up in Phoenix. I didn't spend much time in the East Valley though. Most of my time was spent between 51st Street and 51st Avenue south of Indian School Road in Phoenix. An awful lot of very long days, where driving 400-500 miles was not that unusual.

Archived