Gibson Brands Forums

G'day troops.

kelly13

G'day Troops.

I'm new to the site, all the way from Australia. I'm 64 years old, male, and own a few nice guitars and amps. Also a concert p.a. system and a 32 track Yamaha/Apple/Stienberg recording facility. Only small but does the job. A good suite of microphones helps a lot.

As to my guitars I own a Les Paul Gold Top, a '56 repro, it's the best guitar I've ever played. A 2003 Epiphone DOT VS, and an Epiphone Les Paul Junior that has had the hum bucker removed and a P 90 inserted in its place, this thing is a beast, and gets used for slide work. The P 90 is made by a guy in Hobart Tasmania. I also have an Epiphone Allen Woody bass. There is an '83 Vintage Strat, a 60th Anniversary Telecaster, Gretsch Streamliner, Jackson Resonator, and Washburn Acoustic. There are a couple of Fender amps, a Vox AC15, and a baby Kustom 15 watt, all valve. A bunch of pedals and rack mounted stuff, nough to make a real racket.

Cheers

Shane.

post-85214-099986000 1493694783_thumb.jpeg

post-85214-004132000 1493694844_thumb.jpeg

G'day Troops.

I'm new to the site, all the way from Australia. I'm 64 years old, male, and own a few nice guitars and amps. Also a concert p.a. system and a 32 track Yamaha/Apple/Stienberg recording facility. Only small but does the job. A good suite of microphones helps a lot.

As to my guitars I own a Les Paul Gold Top, a '56 repro, it's the best guitar I've ever played. A 2003 Epiphone DOT VS, and an Epiphone Les Paul Junior that has had the hum bucker removed and a P 90 inserted in its place, this thing is a beast, and gets used for slide work. The P 90 is made by a guy in Hobart Tasmania. I also have an Epiphone Allen Woody bass. There is an '83 Vintage Strat, a 60th Anniversary Telecaster, Gretsch Streamliner, Jackson Resonator, and Washburn Acoustic. There are a couple of Fender amps, a Vox AC15, and a baby Kustom 15 watt, all valve. A bunch of pedals and rack mounted stuff, nough to make a real racket.

Cheers

Shane.

post-85214-099986000 1493694783_thumb.jpeg

post-85214-004132000 1493694844_thumb.jpeg

G'day Shane, and welcome from another Aussie (I'm from Sydney), you have some nice guitars there, especially that Gibson.

Welcome aboard Shane.msp_thumbup.gif And glad to have you here. There's getting to be a lot of Aussie's here. I'm in the US but we have a few things in common. I also have a Gold Top I love, I'm 64, I have 2 amps, 1 is a Fender Mustang ll and the other is a Vox, and my wife just bought me a Gretsch Stream Liner last month for my Birthday and I love it too. Actually it's posted in the Epiphone lounge if you wanted to see it. It's the Red one. By the way you have a very nice set up. Enjoy. rolleyes.gif

1493721273[/url]' post='1852716']

G'day Shane, and welcome from another Aussie (I'm from Sydney), you have some nice guitars there, especially that Gibson.

G'day Seb. Good to see another Aussie here. The Les Paul I have, I bought second hand from a guy up in Rockhampton in Qld. In the paper work it says it was made in 2002. I saw it advertised, and rang him with a barrage of questions. I'd always wanted a Gold Top with P 90's and when I saw this it was love at first sight. I had to leave my place in Ballarat at 3am, to catch a bus to Melbourne, then on to Brisbane, by plane, then Rocky. After all the travel in one day, it was midnight when I walked in the door. And I was knackered. Big day for the little, old bloke. The strings were beyond help, so I went to my local music store and bought some Fender Bullets next day, restrung, tuned up and opened fire. Was blown away by the depth of tone and the sheer savagery of the P 90's, when let loose. At lower levels the "sparkle" is amazing. Open it up and it will bite. I was a confirmed Fender player for 40 years, and my Strat is a marvellous instrument, but always in the back of my mind was a little voice saying "A Gold Top, hmmm" well the little voice rose to a shout, when I saw this one advertised. It is easily the easiest guitar to play I've ever owned, except maybe for an old, battered, Firebird I had, that was stolen out of the boot of my car, the mongrels used a jemmy bar on the lock. That was 25 odd years ago, I'd like to find it again. I still have all the details belonging to that guitar. But I'm not holding my breath. Could be anywhere by now, it's a small world. I had a Strat copy hand made by an old guy in Melbourne, name Les Docherty, who mainly does accoustic guitars, but did they occaision all electric to special order. It got stolen in Alice Springs when I got a contract to run some workshops for young aboriginal muso's. Once again, be nice to get it back, but same thing with the breathing. I've still got the details for that too, and it's a one off. Black EMG active pickups, custom cream finish, and a couple of little dings I could recognise. The firebird was one big ding. But sounded and played wonderfully.CheersShane.

1493785350[/url]' post='1852918']

Welcome aboard Shane.msp_thumbup.gif And glad to have you here. There's getting to be a lot of Aussie's here. I'm in the US but we have a few things in common. I also have a Gold Top I love, I'm 64, I have 2 amps, 1 is a Fender Mustang ll and the other is a Vox, and my wife just bought me a Gretsch Stream Liner last month for my Birthday and I love it too. Actually it's posted in the Epiphone lounge if you wanted to see it. It's the Red one. By the way you have a very nice set up. Enjoy. rolleyes.gif

G'day Herman My Gretsch is also a red one. Nice guitars, light as a feather, you can play them all night. What do they charge for a Streamliner in th U.S.? I payed about Au$1,300 here. My 60th Anniversary Telecaster, usually a light weight instrument, weighs a ton. It is made from Copa Bola, the one that luthiers call the true rosewood. The sustain on it is for ever. But my Gold Top is the nicest guitar I've ever played, and I've been fooling around with these things for 50 odd years. It just sings, such depth of tone.CheersShane.

1493789412[/url]' post='1852932']

Glad to have you here kelly , nice collection you have

4H

G'day mate. My name is actually Shane, Kelly is my fat dog. I've had her since she was 10 weeks old, and she's just turned 13, on the first of May. She's my best mate, with me 24/7. I was given her not long after my wife died of pancreatic cancer. She has filled a big part of that gaping wound in my soul. My old mate Russell said I could have one of the pups and I went around to see them just to get Russ off my back, didn't think I'd get one, no way. But she climbed over a 2 foot tall fence to come to me. That was that. She's a Staffordshire Bull Terrier X Australian Blue Cattle Dog.

1493797527[/url]' post='1852945']

G'day Herman My Gretsch is also a red one. Nice guitars, light as a feather, you can play them all night. What do they charge for a Streamliner in th U.S.? I payed about Au$1,300 here. My 60th Anniversary Telecaster, usually a light weight instrument, weighs a ton. It is made from Copa Bola, the one that luthiers call the true rosewood. The sustain on it is for ever. But my Gold Top is the nicest guitar I've ever played, and I've been fooling around with these things for 50 odd years. It just sings, such depth of tone.CheersShane.

I've heard lots of things in Australia is high priced. Not sure you really want to know what I paid but the guitar sold brand new for $404.10 and with tax of $28.29 on it, I paid a total of $432.39 at Dietze Music. There getting to be one of my favorite guitar shops. Yea, my Gold Top Standard is my favorite and I got a super great deal on it too. Brand new in 2007 it listed for $3,448.00 and I happened to be at the right place at the right time and got it for $1,454.62 on sale. I think they realized they made a mistake and chased me down in the parking lot and asked to buy it back but I told them it wasn't for sale and drove home! msp_flapper.gif

Archived