Gibson Brands Forums

Zep Reunion ?

codename

I hope so..

I really wanted to go to that O2 gig more desperately than any other... I literally tried everything I could and entered loads of online competitions and stuff like that.. and I love watching that gig too.. I really think they did great..

If they do a proper tour and a few days at the O2 , I MUST go... This really will be the last chance to see them if indeed this turns out to be true.

I'm inclined to hope not. The O2 show (moreso on video than in person perhaps) was awesome, waaaayy better than I''d expected. It made a statement, put to rest the dreadful half-arsed previous three get-togethers, and honoured their legacy as probably the greatest rock group that will ever be - I wouldn't argue that.

To play again wouldput them in the category of all the old acts doing exactly what you said - giving people the chance, for a price, to say "Yeah, I saw...", but did you? Really?

Having said that, if they did it, I hope they have a ball.

...and if they came here, yeah I'd probably go and I'd probably say "Yeah, I saw 'em..."

To play again wouldput them in the category of all the old acts doing exactly what you said - giving people the chance, for a price, to say "Yeah, I saw...", but did you? Really?

Well its a case of id rather experience them now as they are than never at all..

If they do tour and its as good as that O2 show I will be happy with it...

Of course its never the same as seeing a band in their prime.. but those days are long over so its this or nothing :)

If all you limes take a lorry to the show do me a favor onea yas and yell FREEBIRD at some point, hopefully right before Stairway. Thanks!

rct

If all you limes take a lorry to the show do me a favor onea yas and yell FREEBIRD at some point, hopefully right before Stairway. Thanks!

rct

Haha.. that's funny..

I do that at almost every gig I go to :D

Interestingly I have read up a bit.. And what they are saying is that yes this is for Plants new album..

BUT next year is the 50th anniversary of the bands formation so they may do something to celebrate that.

Interestingly I have read up a bit.. And what they are saying is that yes this is for Plants new album..

BUT next year is the 50th anniversary of the bands formation so they may do something to celebrate that.

50th Anniversary remixes of the albums with studio chat? There's not much more they can do.

As to another live gig, surely very unlikely now. Probably a good thing too.

50th Anniversary remixes of the albums with studio chat? There's not much more they can do.

As to another live gig, surely very unlikely now. Probably a good thing too.

Well if you are implying that this is some wishful thinking on my part, youd probably be right :)

Still, I can hope cant I?

I think if theres any time or chance for another gig it would be on their 50th. We will see.

I have mixed feelings, about a Zep reunion...much like I have of seeing "Sir Paul," or "The Rolling Stones,"

at their advanced ages. One part of me say's "Hell Yeah," go for it guys! Another, feels like it "Might"

just be better, to leave it alone, finally? I don't know... [unsure][tongue]

CB

You can't reunite Zeppelin. Last I heard, John Bonham is still dead.

Led Zeppelin was a statement during a specific era, as much as it was a band. It was about things that can never be resurrected... and that includes more than a human life.

Even when John Lennon was still alive, there could never be a Beatles "reunion"... for the same reasons stated above.

Leave "Led Zeppelin" alone.

I thought the O2 concert was great, but I'm not too fussed about a reunion. One thing I prefer about that gig and the Page and Plant stuff from the 90's, is that I much prefer Plant's vocals when he stopped singing like a girl!

I was listening to Walking into Clarksdale the other day and thinking it's a shame they never pursued that project further as they had some great songs. It was certainly more interesting than hearing Whole Lotta Love for 1,000,000,000th time. I found the No Quarter album more interesting than the o2 reunion as it presented some of the songs in a new light and I loved the Egyptian ensemble, although it didn't have JP Jones on.

I'm all for it but I doubt it will happen. The O2 show was great. Like Zeppelin for grown ups. Everyone was clean and sober. They played everything with original arrangements, just like we remember them. Would love to see that again. That was 10 years ago and they played almost the whole show tuned a whole step down. Plant's voice I guess?? I wonder if they can tune any further down??

Just saw Plant and his band on Austin City Limits a few nights ago. Not sure when it was recorded, but sometime in the past couple years I imagine. He sounded pretty good overall - although I think he sang the Zep covers in a lower pitch. They did some weird arrangements of the Zep tunes. Had two guitar players and one of them had a really crusty old Les Paul Gold top with a tailpiece from the early 50s. But even the two of them together (and they were great players) couldn't really cover what Page used to do by himself.

Just saw Plant and his band on Austin City Limits a few nights ago. Not sure when it was recorded, but sometime in the past couple years I imagine. He sounded pretty good overall - although I think he sang the Zep covers in a lower pitch. They did some weird arrangements of the Zep tunes. Had two guitar players and one of them had a really crusty old Les Paul Gold top with a tailpiece from the early 50s. But even the two of them together (and they were great players) couldn't really cover what Page used to do by himself.

Yeah, I really don't care for Plant's new interpretations of the Zeppelin classics. Kind of like some of the stuff he convinced Page to do with him in the 90's when he was doing that weird stuff with his voice. Nonetheless, Page, Plant and Jones together doing Zeppelin the way we all know it is magic.

Yeah, I really don't care for Plant's new interpretations of the Zeppelin classics. Kind of like some of the stuff he convinced Page to do with him in the 90's when he was doing that weird stuff with his voice. Nonetheless, Page, Plant and Jones together doing Zeppelin the way we all know it is magic.

Ohh man.. This reminds me of the time I went to see him at the Royal Albert Hall ohh about 8-10 years ago... It was a charity gig and he did mostly his solo stuff.. He did do a couple of Zeps tunes that were almost unrecognisable and at one point I sh*t you not some of the crowd actually started booing him.. Which even though I didn't really like the interpretations myself I thought was way out of order. I mean come on, if anyone has earned the right to do as he wants with his songs he has?

Archived