Gibson Brands Forums

Help me kill GAS for BURST!!!

SkyRider

You see I have this wonderful sounding 2003 J50. Had played few 2016 J-45 in the past and this J-50 sounded better than most newer ones I have played. However I can't help but wanting a Sunburst guitar such as J-45. I just love the burst look especially once it has little age and and play wear with scuffs, sings and marks. Not to mention I have 4 acoustic guitar and they are all natural finish!

I need at least one burst in my stable, no?

If I need to change(sell/trade/buy) one of my four guitars in to burst, it should he J-45, no?

I'm just bit hesitant of selling this J-50... and no I can not have both J-45 and J50.

Thanks

image_zpsty8iq9ad.jpeg

If that J50 sounds as good as it looks - and you say it does - I'd never get rid of it simply because it's not a burst. The only alternative I could think of is - get a Epiphone Masterbuilt with a nice burst and see if that sates your thirst for a burst.

Unless you can afford both then keep the one that you love the sound of

Although you shouldn't have any trouble finding a 45 that sounds as good

Notions for bursts and non bursts come and go. I'll bet after the honeymoon period is over you'll like the looks of the plain blonde

Tread carefully and make sure it's not just 'want one' moment

All that said , I'm just in love with my 45 and the burst. Inspires me every time I look at it

I need at least one burst in my stable, no?

.. and no I can not have both J-45 and J50.

Don't have to be a doctor to see you'll never find peace before there is a burst in the herd.

There is only one way forward. The hard.

Own both. And you'll never regret it.

I may be a heretic, but I satisfied my love of sunbursts with a Martin CEO-7. It is a great little guitar with a great finish. My Gibson is a natural J-35 that has a glorious sound. I couldn't be happier! Keep the J-50.

Most old Gibsons were ugly and Gibson always put plain tops on high end guitars. I don't see why anyone would want one.

Let's pick,

-Tom

Ever the heretic, even when tongue is firmly planted in cheek.

In Ireland tom would be called a 'skitter'

You may need to clarify, given the meanings I got from a slang dictionary.

A few years ago, my working group consisted of an American, and Englishman, and an Australian. We called ourselves "three men separated by a common tongue".

Keep the J50, they're iconic and beautiful...use the money you'd have to put into a trade to buy a burst Epi as suggested, a Masterbilt would be a superb choice or an Inspired By '64 Texan, I love mine. Great burst and incredible tone and playability, best bang-for-buck guitar I own ☺️

if you enjoy the sound of the j50, it would be foolhardy tp let it go...consider this: how much of the guitar do you see when you are playing it? If looks alone are king, then just hang a durn ol picture of one on the wall.

if you enjoy the sound of the j50, it would be foolhardy tp let it go...consider this: how much of the guitar do you see when you are playing it? If looks alone are king, then just hang a durn ol picture of one on the wall.

That's doesn't work

I know I look great in my hat , can't see t while I'm wearing it but happy in the knowledge I look fantastic while walking down the street puts a spring I my step 😄

I'm just bit hesitant of selling this J-50... and no I can not have both J-45 and J50.

Thanks

Keep the J-50 and go for something totally different.

I picked up this 1947 L48 for a third of the price of a J-45

100_0490sm.JPG

It looks and sounds as good as it's buddies

210753.png

That's doesn't work

I know I look great in my hat , can't see t while I'm wearing it but, , ,

Good point - I would really like to see this head-gear - get no pictures - guessing : is it a sixpence ?

If your mind is made up, my local GC has new J45's on sale (unadvertised) for around $1800-1900. If you have a friend or know someone there, they can get you a friend & family discount for an additional 20% off. That would get you down between 1500-1600. Not bad for a new one.

Archived