Gibson Brands Forums

GeForce tuners: how do you set C standard tuning?

tOCK

I've installed thicker strings to have one lower tuned guitar.

Looking at the instructions there is no "press this 3 times, press this 2 times" style directions for C standard.

Can someone walk me through it?

Looking at the instructions there is no "press this 3 times, press this 2 times" style directions for C standard.

Do you have the instruction manual for your G-Force? You can download it from Gibson. You will have to tune your guitar manually then save the tuning to you G-Force user presets.

tOCK,

you have to activate the low tunings banks:

ACTIVATE LOW TUNINGS AND/OR ADDI-TIONAL USER TUNING PRESET BANKS

Unblocks three additional tuning preset banks

(White, Yellow, and Magenta).

This function activates three additional tuning preset banks. The WHITE and YELLOW banks default to write-protected presets for low tunings (heavier gauge strings are recommended).

The MAGENTA bank and the BLUE bank, defaults to be write-enabled for storing user tuning presets.

However, you can also convert any of these tuning preset banks to store presets.

1.When the GForce is switched off, press ON three times. Press the LEFT/RIGHT button to select YELLOW D .

2.Press ENTER. Press the LEFT/RIGHT button to select the YELLOW G LED. Press ENTER.

3.Use LEFT/RIGHT button to activate low tunings and additional preset banks ( e B G LEDs flash GREEN ) or to deactivate low tunings and addition-al preset banks ( D A E LEDs flash RED ).

4.Press ENTER = low tuning/additional banks settings stored.

5.Press and hold ON to switch off the tuner.

6.Press ON two times for tuning selection. Now press UP or DWN consequently to toggle between the 6 banks (Red, Green, Blue / White, Yellow and Magenta)

Low C tuning is White bank A LED, Enter to activate Multi String Tuning, the tuner will perform the approach, now strum and let vibrate all strings for 3-5 sec., then mute all strings and pick the ones that are not in tune only.

Should you encounter any issues, tune in Single String Mode (push and HOLD Enter at selection of White A). The more you tune to that tuning, the faster and better the tuner will complete that tunings due to the learning algorithm.

Best Regards

• 1 year later...

I love that you provided this guide. I had trouble finding it in the manual. Only problem for me: my G-force seems to not accept the 3-on-button command. Basically when the g-force is off and I hit the on button 3 times, there isn't any difference from when I hit it twice. I've hit this problem in the past when I was trying something else but I forgot about it. Anyone experience a similar issue?[/size]

I love that you provided this guide. I had trouble finding it in the manual. Only problem for me: my G-force seems to not accept the 3-on-button command. Basically when the g-force is off and I hit the on button 3 times, there isn't any difference from when I hit it twice. I've hit this problem in the past when I was trying something else but I forgot about it. Anyone experience a similar issue?[/size]

maybe it's defective?

also, it comes off a little shouty when you use big text for the whole post.

Standard tuning is A440. C or E would be open tuning.

Formula for a Half Step. Since an octave has a frequency ratio of 2, a half-step has a frequency ratio of 2^(1/12), or approximately 1.0595. For example, if the note A has a frequency of 440 Hz, then one half-step up (A# or Bb) is 440*1.0595 = 466.2 Hz. One half-step down (G# or Ab) is 440/1.0595 = 415.3 Hz.

Archived