Gibson Brands Forums

Bill Bailey: a proper love ballad

Pinch

The man's brilliant!!!

So many good one-liners and m-e and Pinch have already quoted two goodies so I'll select;

"It encompasses all aspects of love; Hatred, Betrayal and Depression."

"Yeah? And carving your name with a compass in my forehead? wasn't that enough for you?!?".........msp_lol.gif.........

Pip.

Pippy: that's my favourite line, too. That one line had me spit out my drink like on TV.

On my friend's TV, unfortunately.

It was worth it, buying him a new TV.

Like you say, the man's brilliant. I loved him in "Is it Bill Bailey?". There's a sketch where he proves, with the help of a piano, great talent and insanity running rampant, that all the great classical composers were in fact ripping off Cockney music.

YouTube "Bill Bailey cockney music", and the episode should appear. A lot of other clips, seemingly more to the point, will appear as well. Variations on the theme.

The original will have you lost for words. It's genius on so many levels.

You're welcome.

Bill also co-starred in the sitcom "Black Books". Unlike "Is it Bill Bailey?", it's still available on dvd, I think.

For those so inclined, I'm sure it's on YouTube as well.

...There's a sketch where he proves, with the help of a piano, great talent and insanity running rampant, that all the great classical composers were in fact ripping off Cockney music....

I've actually heard that skit on the radio, Pinch!

He plays things like the opening of LvB's Moonlight Sonata and at the end of the first 20-odd bars does the old 'De-De...De-De-De..Dah!' Chas'n'Dave-style return!

msp_laugh.gif

Genius!

Pip.

I think that's the one where he inserts "'ave a banana!".

Apparently, it only ever "appears once in the entire classical repertoire... but you have to admit: it is there."

Here's one we've all been thinking:

Nice V.

Archived