Gibson Brands Forums

Just A Little Too Excited for My Own Good...

BoGibsonCA

Found a great deal on a J45 Rosewood Custom and it arrives via FedEx today. Have played J45s for a long while and heard nothing but great stuff about the Rosewoods.

Question for the group, though...this has a "blank" truss rod cover, while others have a "Custom" cover - it's a 2003, btw. Is there any method to why - or is it just another "Gibson thing?"

Thanks in advance - here's a pic from the seller!

Nice J45. Does it have the custom shop logo on the back of the headstock?

I may be wrong but I think Gibson only puts the custom truss rod cover on production runs.

If you're was ordered out of the custom shop it should have the logo on the back of the head stock

Gibson_J45_Adirondack.jpg

Nice J45. Does it have the custom shop logo on the back of the headstock?

I may be wrong but I think Gibson only puts the custom truss rod cover on production runs.

If you're was ordered out of the custom shop it should have the logo on the back of the head stock

Gibson_J45_Adirondack.jpg

Yes, it has the Custom Shop logo on the back of the 'stock. I know I can pick up the cover for a few bucks online, just wanted to make sure I understood what had them/didn't.

Thanks for your help!

Looks like you've got yourself a killer guitar. I think you'll love the rosewood version of the J45. I've got a rosewood Southern Jumbo (pretty much the same as the J45) and it's a real sweetie. ............And lots of things that Gibson does can fall into the category "A Gibson Thing." The subject would make an interesting Twilight Zone episode. Anyway, I like most of the stuff that falls in the "Gibson thing" genre. It's part of that quirky Gibson charm. Enjoy your J45. There's a good reason why it's a legend. [thumbup] [thumbup] Pics and video of it being played when you get the chance....or, this thread is just a tall tale....lol....

Found a great deal on a J45 Rosewood Custom and it arrives via FedEx today. Have played J45s for a long while and heard nothing but great stuff about the Rosewoods.

Question for the group, though...this has a "blank" truss rod cover, while others have a "Custom" cover - it's a 2003, btw. Is there any method to why - or is it just another "Gibson thing?"

Thanks in advance - here's a pic from the seller!

Can I ask where you bought this guitar please.

Archived