Gibson Brands Forums

VERY weird Gibson Custom Acoustic ish thingy

Rabs

?????????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-sale-RARE-1992-Gibson-custom-shop-7-string-electric-guitar-one-of-a-kind-/252876319539?hash=item3ae09a6b33:g:93AAAOSwcdRY9dmd

Very rare, one-off 7 string, made in the Gibson custom hop by Roger Giffin for Maestro Alex Gregory. Pick ups made by Seymour Duncan. See Alex play this on youtube, it is known as a 'piano-guitar'. This cost over 15,000 thousand in 1992, I am asking £3950.00 or trades. It has to be a great investment

I'm sure Gibson could confirm matters one way or the other quite quickly(!) so I don't doubt it to be authentic.

Why lie about something so simple to check out?

Very strange-looking top bit, admittedly, but interesting enough to be rather attractive! I'd also expect the craftsmanship to be top-notch.

£4k doesn't seem an outrageous asking price for what is almost certainly going to remain a unique Gibson...

Pip.

Taking that it is a Gibson it is such a one off the it is almost impossible to value. I would be surprised if he gets a bid.

Really?

A one-off Gibson?

We just saw what might well be a fake LP DC make over £2,000. I'd have thought a one-off Gibson would be just what a collector would love to own?

Pip.

Unusual one-offs like this aren't always a good investment as there is nothing to compare it to.

I see the reason for the headstock, but...yuk.

Agree the vendor may not get a (good) bid.

Unusual one-offs like this aren't always a good investment as there is nothing to compare it to.

I see the reason for the headstock, but...yuk.

Agree the vendor may not get a (good) bid.

Playing 'Devil's Advocate' for a mo', jdgm;

Have you ever seen the (proposed?) design(s?) for the p'head for the 1958(?) Gibson 'Moderne'? Have you any idea how much an original Moderne would be worth (if one ever existed and/or survived)?.......

If I was a 'Collector' I'd buy it in a heart-beat if for no other reason than because no-one else has one - and that counts a great deal in the world of the 'Collector'. For a special-order one-off Custom Shop Gibson? And £4k is pocket-change in the world of the 'Collector'...

Just my ha'pence worth.

Pip.

Guest Farnsbarns
cost over 15,000 thousand in 1992

I am asking £3950.00

It has to be a great investment

Well, it lost 3/4 of it's value in 25 years, and that's not taking inflation into account. It clearly wasn't a good investment then. Perhaps it will be now it's depreciated that far.

Archived