HNGD

charlie brown

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice, Charlie!

Congratulations!

Best wishes... Bence

Thank you, Bence! [biggrin] It's a really Nice version, at any price point. But, especially so,

considering the Gibson is selling at 10 times the price, for a "used" reissue! [scared][tongue]

While I'd Love to have a Gibson version, I simply can't justify that expense, and don't have the

expendable income, to allow for that, anyway! LOL So, this has been a Great alternative, in a

more practical way.

CB

considering the Gibson is selling at 10 times the price, for a "used" reissue! [scared][tongue]

While I'd Love to have a Gibson version, I simply can't justify that expense, and don't have the

expendable income, to allow for that, anyway! LOL So, this has been a Great alternative, in a

more practical way.

CB

You know the Epi's are not to be underestimated. Based on this thread I busted out my Epi Black Beauty and that thing is a tone monster. It has the Epi pup equivalent of a 57 classic x 3 (as I recall). Sounds amazing for $729 vs at least 10x that for a Gibson...

...I'll wait until I get the SD "Staple" P-90, for the neck position...

I did wonder if you'd be going down that way...

FWIW for me it would be a required mod - and I do not like to mod my guitars.

Look forward to the 'Before and After' pics!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

I did wonder if you'd be going down that way...

FWIW for me it would be a required mod - and I do not like to mod my guitars.

Look forward to the 'Before and After' pics!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

Yeah, that's been the intent, all along! So, I will definitely be doing that. Looking into some

"waffle back" Kluson reissue tuners, as well. [biggrin]

CB

800 US$ for a chinese guitar is not too much ?

No. The carcass of it is essentially the same. Proper woods are used. The design is the same (other than headstock) The CNC machines are running essentially the same programs. The sequence of build is the same.

As for the hardware, that appears to be Yankee; as reflected in the price.

You know the Epi's are not to be underestimated. Based on this thread I busted out my Epi Black Beauty and that thing is a tone monster. It has the Epi pup equivalent of a 57 classic x 3 (as I recall). Sounds amazing for $729 vs at least 10x that for a Gibson...

Yes, Epiphone is turning out some killer instruments, these days! I, personally, tend toward their hollow and semi-hollow

body modals, as until this recent purchase, I thought I had all the solid body guitars I wanted, much less "needed!" [blush]

Just "Shows to go you," there's always a nice temptation, lurking around, out there! [blink][biggrin]

CB

If I have too choose I buy an Ebony Gibson Les Paul Studio and a set of P94 or Duncan Phat cat pickups .

IMG_8098.jpg

That's nice but given the choice, I'd go with the Epi. The finish on that thing looks bad *** and it has Gibson USA electronics. Heck, you could even have it PLEKd and it would still cost less, look better and probably play just as well.

Hey, Rev Six...you love ONLY Gibson?! That's Cool! I own a bunch of Gibson's myself! However, given the quality of this

latest Epi "Inspired by" LP Custom '55, I have NO problem, with the Epiphone version. Especially, at less than 1/10th the

price of the Gibson version, of the same instrument. (Studio's are NOT the same as a Custom, in appointments!) Even

modded with completely Gibson parts, and electronics, etc., it's still phenomenally less expensive, than even a used re-issue,

Gibson version. Some of us don't have tons of expendable cash, for such extravagance. And, even some that do, just have a

problem paying that much, for ANY guitar.

So, to each his/her own. [biggrin]

CB

Le Gibson Les Paul tribute P90 is a pure Gibson

les_paul_studio_goldtop_top_1.jpg

Did you break into my house and take a picture of mine? Out!

I do love the black beauty Epi though. Looks great with the satin finish, I think. I'm glad you're loving it. I played a few if the higher end Epiphones last weekend and some of them felt great. I was impressed with the quality.

WOW!

Good lookn' LP!

Reminds me of my old bad a$$ Harley that got the "all business" flat black and black chrome!

...I'm jealous now!

Thanks, Kaicho! :) It plays and sounds as good as it looks, if not better! Just checked

Sweetwater (where I got mine) and 2 days ago, they had 4 more, in stock. It's now down to

two! My rep, there, told me they can't keep them in stock! (I felt like saying: "Well, up

your control amount!") LOL But, I guess it's better, for them, to keep selling out of them

as opposed to having too many? :P :)

CB

Did you break into my house and take a picture of mine? Out!

I do love the black beauty Epi though. Looks great with the satin finish, I think. I'm glad you're loving it. I played a few if the higher end Epiphones last weekend and some of them felt great. I was impressed with the quality.

I had 2 of those P-90 Gold Studio Gold Tops. I really like them, but I ended up selling one to a friend, and

trading the other one, reluctantly, to fund one of my SG's! I LOVE the SG, so no regrets! And, this new Epi

will do nicely! :)

CB

Archived