Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

charlie brown

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My (current) Gibson P-90 (or, P-100) guitars: All are 15 or 16 years old, and were purchased at under $500.00 new!

9f414262-d8d3-43fa-b66c-0e37266eacbc_zpsnhgjpftf.jpg

2001 Gibson Les Paul Junior Lite "Red" (P-100's)

DSC_8570%20%202001%20Gibson%20Les%20Paul%20Junior%20Lite%20Red_zpsa4kg5iat.jpg

2001 Gibson Les Paul Junior Lite "Black" (P-100's)

DSC_8568%20%202001%20Gibson%20Les%20Paul%20Junior%20Lite%20Black_zpsa0ky3auu.jpg

They still aren't Epiphone "Inspired by 1955 Les Paul Custom Outfit's!" [flapper][biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

CB

Is Rev6 related to SGPlayer by chance? Do you remember that guy? The person who told us Epiphone are just rubbish copies of Gibson :rolleyes:

CB, your new Epi looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds excellent too. I myself was taken with that one when I first saw it advertised a few months back.

Btw, like CB I too own a bunch of Gibson and Epiphone guitars. The other night I went to the local jam night and played my stock Epiphone LP Special II. Cost me £80 from a used shop and sounded perfectly fine with the other guys in the band and I even had a few compliments on my playing and tone. Cheap or expensive, as long as you like it who cares what anyone else thinks [flapper]

Is Rev6 related to SGPlayer by chance? Do you remember that guy? The person who told us Epiphone are just rubbish copies of Gibson :rolleyes:

CB, your new Epi looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds excellent too. I myself was taken with that one when I first saw it advertised a few months back.

Btw, like CB I too own a bunch of Gibson and Epiphone guitars. The other night I went to the local jam night and played my stock Epiphone LP Special II. Cost me £80 from a used shop and sounded perfectly fine with the other guys in the band and I even had a few compliments on my playing and tone. Cheap or expensive, as long as you like it who cares what anyone else thinks [flapper]

Thanks, Cody! It's quite a lovely little LP..."Chinese" or otherwise! [flapper][biggrin]

And, with my increasing arthritis, "I" can make is sound just as bad,

as any of my other guitars! [lol]

CB

My GIBSON "Les Paul Classic Custom" Gold Top!

DSC_8566_edited%20%20Gibson%20Les%20Pual%20Classic%20Custom%20Gold%20Top_zpsis8xxu8k.jpg

CB

[love] [love]

Ah yes...I wish....

TP-6 [thumbup] Where's Cap?

I am hopeful that there will be another LP in my near future...

Have been thinking about an Epi LP of some sort for ages.....

Stay 'tooned'... :)

A custom without an ebony fretboard ?

Is it a GOTW or GOTM ?

image_79.jpg

where did you buy the gold knobs ?

Torrefied (AKA) "Baked" Maple fingerboard was standard, on the "Classic Custom's!"

The Gold knobs are Gibson's, and were picked up at my dealer's.

CB

Guest Farnsbarns

Gotta love the man child trolls trying to get a rise out of CB. It ain't gonna happen chaps.

I love your epi Charlie.

I'd buy a top of line epi over a bottom rung cheap arsed Gibson model every time. Cheap Gibson's are for poor brand whores.

Why??? [mellow]:-k

CB

Indeed why?

I have a TP6 fitted as standard on my Les Paul 25 / 50 (although it is a replacement for the original) and I fitted a TP6 to my reissue Gibson ES345 because I think they are superb tailpieces. So does Capmaster on here who has fitted them to many of his Gibson's.

Gotta love the man child trolls trying to get a rise out of CB. It ain't gonna happen chaps.

I love your epi Charlie.

I'd buy a top of line epi over a bottom rung cheap arsed Gibson model every time. Cheap Gibson's are for poor brand whores.

Thanks, Farnsbarns! It's a real nice little guitar, and sounds Great! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Archived