Gibson Guitar Board: I am going nuts - Gibson Guitar Board

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I am going nuts Can't see post add-ons

#1 User is offline   duluthdan 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4118
  • Joined: 19-February 12
  • LocationAspen, Colorado

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

I cannot see add-ons, you tubes, and the like in posts such as this one http://forum.gibson....7289-j-45-hell/

Did I hit a wrong button? Can I fix the poltergeist ?
[cursing]
Smile Fierce !!!
Gibson J-45 TV (Lyric)
Gibson J-45 Legend
Gibson J-50 (K&K)
Martin D-35 (Trance)
Martin 000-42
0

#2 User is offline   jedzep 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2143
  • Joined: 04-March 10
  • LocationCrankytown, NY

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Just internet/site glitches, Dan. Or Russians...
I may not be good lookin', but at least I ain't got no money.
0

#3 User is offline   62burst 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2025
  • Joined: 01-January 10

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

Is the embedded link visible in the thread as a video? If not, what are you seeing?

Have you tried restarting your device?

0

#4 User is offline   george wooden 

  • Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 69
  • Joined: 25-March 17
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

View Postduluthdan, on 14 May 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

I cannot see add-ons, you tubes, and the like in posts such as this one http://forum.gibson....7289-j-45-hell/

Did I hit a wrong button? Can I fix the poltergeist ?
[cursing]


Can you see this link? https://www.youtube....k58kn743dvxB8kb
0

#5 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

  • I'm a bit weaker than when I was young
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1687
  • Joined: 17-November 14
  • LocationTransylvania

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

It's the Russian Democrats working with the Pygmy dictator of North Korea.cyberwarfare. Bastards.
0

#6 User is offline   duluthdan 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4118
  • Joined: 19-February 12
  • LocationAspen, Colorado

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

Links work, but imbedded video does not. All I see is a large blank white box. https://youtu.be/DBpgcZ1zYJs
Smile Fierce !!!
Gibson J-45 TV (Lyric)
Gibson J-45 Legend
Gibson J-50 (K&K)
Martin D-35 (Trance)
Martin 000-42
0

#7 User is offline   MissouriPicker 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3966
  • Joined: 26-December 07
  • LocationIndependence, Missouri

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

Dan, I can play the link you just provided. I've had this kind of thing happen several times. I "think" it has to do with the video player your computer/ipad/etc is using. For example, if your video player is Windows Media Player or Shockwave, you may need to download the latest version of it. Then you restart your computer and hopefully everything is okay. Hope you get this straightened-out.
Website: https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.c...er?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnat...om/larrygarrett

Gibsons J45TV, J15, Hummingbird, Dove, Southern Jumbo Mystic, Advanced Jumbo Rosewood
Advanced Jumbo Koa, J100 Walnut
Alvarez MFA66CE Masterworks OM/Folk
Martin X Series 2016 D12X1AE Dreadnought 12-String
Regal 1944 Parlor Guitar
LAG Nylon Stringed
Oahu 1941 Squareneck Parlor Guitar
Yamaha YPG-535MM Keyboard
and a herd of ukes, banjos, strumsticks, harmonicas and dulcimers,
making me a "jack of all trades and master of none."
0

#8 User is offline   duluthdan 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4118
  • Joined: 19-February 12
  • LocationAspen, Colorado

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:08 AM

View PostMissouriPicker, on 15 May 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Dan, I can play the link you just provided. I've had this kind of thing happen several times. I "think" it has to do with the video player your computer/ipad/etc is using. For example, if your video player is Windows Media Player or Shockwave, you may need to download the latest version of it. Then you restart your computer and hopefully everything is okay. Hope you get this straightened-out.

I'm an Apple guy - so I suppose you may be righty - Flash or something similar I suppose.
Smile Fierce !!!
Gibson J-45 TV (Lyric)
Gibson J-45 Legend
Gibson J-50 (K&K)
Martin D-35 (Trance)
Martin 000-42
0

#9 User is offline   62burst 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2025
  • Joined: 01-January 10

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

View Postduluthdan, on 15 May 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

I'm an Apple guy - so I suppose you may be righty - Flash or something similar I suppose.


Here are some ideas from Apple : https://discussions....4724880?start=0

tokyofan at the bottom of the page had some success with these tips. If you do remove and reinstall the latest Flash Player, be sure it is from Adobe's homepage; many Apple users have been snagged with the "your Flash Player is out of date- click here to update" pop-ups. Good luck.

0

#10 User is offline   duluthdan 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4118
  • Joined: 19-February 12
  • LocationAspen, Colorado

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

View Post62burst, on 15 May 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:



Here are some ideas from Apple : https://discussions....4724880?start=0

tokyofan at the bottom of the page had some success with these tips. If you do remove and reinstall the latest Flash Player, be sure it is from Adobe's homepage; many Apple users have been snagged with the "your Flash Player is out of date- click here to update" pop-ups. Good luck.


Good idea - went to Adobe, installed the most recent version of Flash Player, but still blank. I'll ask around and see if the neighbor kid can help me.
Smile Fierce !!!
Gibson J-45 TV (Lyric)
Gibson J-45 Legend
Gibson J-50 (K&K)
Martin D-35 (Trance)
Martin 000-42
0

#11 User is offline   fsharp 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 103
  • Joined: 23-August 13
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

When in doubt with computer problems, find someone under 12 to help 🤔
Steve
0

#12 User is offline   Boyd 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 640
  • Joined: 05-March 14
  • LocationNew Jersey Pine Barrens

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

I also use Macs most of the time and noticed the same problem starting a few months ago. I have updated to the newest version of Flash and have the same problem in both the Safari and Chrome browsers. Not a big deal since most of the video posted here just doesn't interest me. I have not seen a similar problem on any other sites. Gibson makes great guitars. Websites.... not so much. ;)
1965 Gibson J-50 ADJ
1974 GIbson J-50 Deluxe
2008 Gibson J-50 Modern Classic
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users