Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White

truetone6

Rosewood fingerboard, or Ebony? I'm not sure what year, the Alpine White Studios changed, from Ebony, to Rosewood boards?

If you lucked out, and it has an Ebony fingerboard, so much the better, for you! [thumbup] Congratulations!

CB

Thanks Charlie! This one was made on May 11th 2011 so it was before the Feds raided Gibson so it may have an Ebony Fretboard. Have to wait till I get it to be sure I guess.

Congrats, it's a nice one!

Also...great price!

Mine is an '08 (If I remember) and it's turning nice creamy yellow stored in it's case. After a year or so it developed a smokey tint where my arm rested, and the body edges developed a pink hue. I think it's the body filler migrating to the surface...nobody knows. The smokey and pink stain is not as noticeable now...or maybe I just ignore it and just enjoy playing it.

Congrats, it's a nice one!

Also...great price!

Mine is an '08 (If I remember) and it's turning nice creamy yellow stored in it's case. After a year or so it developed a smokey tint where my arm rested, and the body edges developed a pink hue. I think it's the body filler migrating to the surface...nobody knows. The smokey and pink stain is not as noticeable now...or maybe I just ignore it and just enjoy playing it.

I see the yellowing (not noticeable in the pics however) and that 'smoky' tint on where my arm rests and the back of the neck, but no pink though.

That's a great combo Alpine white with Gold HW.

Agreed, but the ebony/dark fret board also adds to the look. The alpine white studios from like post 2012 or so looked bad with the light colored boards.

gibson-les-paul-studio-2013-min-etune-alpine-white.jpg

Remove the gold and dark fret board, it just doesn't look as good....to me anyways.

The price was $549 so I thought it was worth taking a chance. What do you think?

pshew! are you kidding? you got a genuine les paul with gold hardware & ebony board for $500. that's probably the best deal i've seen anyone, anywhere get in at least a year! good for you! surely my turn is just a little closer now....

Archived