Gibson Brands Forums

Chris Cornell

'Scales

I hope what I heard on the radio on how he passed is not true. He is one of the artist from Seattle that IMHO saved hard rock from dying in the hands of the hair bands. Chris will be missed by us all.

I hope what I heard on the radio on how he passed is not true. He is one of the artist from Seattle that IMHO saved hard rock from dying in the hands of the hair bands. Chris will be missed by us all.

I found out the terrible news when I woke up and as I turned on my car to go to work, Black Hole Sun was on the radio. [crying] [crying] [crying]. Then they mentioned how they are investigating it and I also don't want it to be true.

I was in shock seeing this and looked it up. They're reporting it as a suicide by hanging.

The death of Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell has been ruled a suicide by the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office.

"The Medical Examiner has completed the autopsy on 52-year-old Chris Cornell, the Soundgarden musician who died last night in Detroit. The cause of death has been determined as hanging by suicide. A full autopsy report has not yet been completed. There is no additional information at this time."

Kurt Cobain from Nirvana, Layne Staley from Alice in Chains and now Chris Cornell from Soundgarden, Seattle's biggest "grunge" bands, all suicides. It's a shame. He will be missed.

Yeah that sucks.

I read about this earlier today.

Soundgarden was one of my favorite bands back in the day.

Actually stood in the center isle with Dave Grohl and the rest of the Foo Fighters and watched Soundgarden at La Lalapalooza one summer evening.

Chris's voice was distinct and always recognizable.

RIP Chris, no more traveling, no more hotel rooms. Peace and tranquility for eternity.

Great songwriter, guitar player and singer.

I thought of this when I heard how he died...

I caught the moon today

Pick it up

And throw it away alright

I got the perfect steal

A cleaner love

with a dirty feel all right

Fallout and take the bait eat the fruit and kiss the snake goodnight

Common ruse dirty face

Pretty noose is pretty hate

And I don't like

What you got me hanging from...

Pretty Noose

by Chris Cornell

Chris was an amazing singer. It is sad he decided to end it like this. I wonder what snapped that made him want to die? Www.freep.com did a write up on last night's concert where they said he seemed off and forgetful.

Archived