Gibson Brands Forums

I did what I said I'd never do

Jennysan

Yup... I traded one of my Les Pauls. I sacrificed my sweet 2002 LP Standard Honey Burst in a straight up trade for a mint 2008 ES335 Vintage SunBurst Figured Maple. I've wanted a ES335 for years but never had the $ to buy one. It was on the local Craigs, so I made the guy an offer. He went for it. I've still got my 2006 LP Classic Antique and my 2016 Firebird V. And now a ES335! Wahoo!

I'm trying to add photos but the editor keeps saying the pics are too large. I don't know how to reduce them. Sorry guys, shes a beauty.

Yup... I traded one of my Les Pauls. I sacrificed my sweet 2002 LP Standard Honey Burst in a straight up trade for a mint 2008 ES335 Vintage SunBurst Figured Maple. I've wanted a ES335 for years but never had the $ to buy one. It was on the local Craigs, so I made the guy an offer. He went for it. I've still got my 2006 LP Classic Antique and my 2016 Firebird V. And now a ES335! Wahoo!

I'm trying to add photos but the editor keeps saying the pics are too large. I don't know how to reduce them. Sorry guys, shes a beauty.

Congrats!

It sounds like a good trade. You need to experience and get inspired by all the models!

You could upload to photobucket.com; then copy the link to your picture; insert in the reply by clicking the picture icon (insert image).

33524_zps8pod9hj2.jpg

33521_zps3abigkqz.jpg

3356_zpsqaaynhic.jpg

3351_zpshodxadjf.jpg

Absolutely. It was hard letting go of the LP but I could not pass on a straight up trade. What a sweet player. I plugged into my Orange OR15, I hit a power chord and I levitated off the sofa and my cats started dancing!

I'd say you got the better end of the deal.

Nice trade. ES-335s are great guitars. I can safely say that if I could only keep one guitar in my collection, it would be my 2004 ES-335 Dot Reissue in Antique Natural.

Archived