Gibson Brands Forums

Dumb question re: Endpin jack

dhanners623

Played a gig tonight and as I was taking my strap off afterwards, I noticed the endpin jack collar that screws on was loose. It's happened before.

So my question: Is there any reason why I shouldn't put a drop of Loctite or some other thread adhesive on it?

Blue Loctite, yes.......not a problem. Blue can be broken loose without much effort if necessary somewhere down the line. I have always done this with guitars that have an endpin jack, but recently have decided it best to separate the jack from the strap button. The strap is not twisting around on the jack, inevitably loosening it...........works quite well in this regard and I don't need to wrestle getting any old strap I want over an oversized jack.

uHGaQDT.jpg?1

Blue Loctite, yes.......not a problem. Blue can be broken loose without much effort if necessary somewhere down the line. I have always done this with guitars that have an endpin jack, but recently have decided it best to separate the jack from the strap button. The strap is not twisting around on the jack, inevitably loosening it...........works quite well in this regard and I don't need to wrestle getting any old strap I want over an oversized jack.

uHGaQDT.jpg?1

I really like Buc's idea here. Sensible solutions to ongoing pains-in-the-butt are always welcome in my opinion! Also, a strap button (1960's variety) will work fine if you don't want to use the friction fit kind.

Archived