Gibson Brands Forums

Big thanks to Dub-T-123

brc

I have a vintage ( guess you would call it that ) echo/reverb unit that I got in 1973-1975 some where in that time, and over time it started fading in and out .

The effects would work and then just stop.

I started talking to Dub-T-123 through the forum here, and he said he work look at it and see if it could be repaired.

Ironic part of this is last year I moved to Florida, and he lives in So Ca. just a few miles from where I moved from.

Anyway I boxed it up and sent it to him, and told him no rush and to get to it when he had time.

Well he shipped it back to me and it works great.

He told me most if not all the pots. were bad and some loose connections had to be repaired.

Could not have asked for a better job.

So many thanks to Dub-T-123 for a great job.

It was my pleasure Bill!

Actually the pots were good, I just cleaned them. I replaced all of the electrolytic caps (most of which were bulging) and repaired a lifted pad on the PCB which was causing the intermittent failure.

Here's a pic of the unit in question :) As many of you know I love old effects and amp stuff so this was a fun little repair.

C2D74B30-5305-4898-A04D-1DAE8B7B2E45_zpshxadnppb.jpg

It was my pleasure Bill!

Actually the pots were good, I just cleaned them. I replaced all of the electrolytic caps (most of which were bulging) and repaired a lifted pad on the PCB which was causing the intermittent failure.

Here's a pic of the unit in question :) As many of you know I love old effects and amp stuff so this was a fun little repair.

C2D74B30-5305-4898-A04D-1DAE8B7B2E45_zpshxadnppb.jpg

Pots, caps, resistors, hell their all the same to me.

Either it works or it does not.

You did a great job, and it is very much appreciated. 🎸🔌

Again thank you very much.

Archived