Gibson Guitar Board: Epi-intro - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Epi-intro

#1 User is offline   Jamsam 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

I thought I'd intro myself here in the Epiphone side. I jumped the fence form Strat styles to a LP 7 string a year ago and never looked back. Looking forward to my Epi Flying V on its way soon. Nice to meet ya!

#2 User is offline   Sleeko 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationHampstead, North Carolina

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

[thumbup] Welcome!

#3 User is offline   tx-ogre 

• Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
  • LocationThe Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

View PostJamsam, on 19 May 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

I thought I'd intro myself here in the Epiphone side. I jumped the fence form Strat styles to a LP 7 string a year ago and never looked back. Looking forward to my Epi Flying V on its way soon. Nice to meet ya!

Greetings. Is your LP 7 string the Epi Matt Heafy signature model?

#4 User is offline   Jamsam 

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

Hello. Yeah, it's the MH model. Didn't know who Matt Heafy was, but had to have it. Really nice guitar.

#5 User is offline   tx-ogre 

• Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?
  • LocationThe Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the reply. Good to know. I was in the market for a 7 string back in 2015 and looked at several models from different manufacturers in 24.75", 25.5" and 27" baritone scale lengths. I was skeptical if the 24.75" scale would have sufficient tension on the low B string and since I play mostly in B Standard or Drop A, the baritone scale length didn't seem necessary. I ended up buying a Ltd (subsidiary of ESP guitars) H-7 2015 40th Anniversary model in 25.5" scale length, EMG 57-7/66-7 pickups, locking tuners and Super Strat body style.. I really like it. I'm not generally a big fan of active pickups, but these sound really good. I'm always curious about the alternatives for future purchases.

#6 User is offline   Jamsam 

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

I've had no problems with string tension, tuned to B standard, drop A, or even A standard. Of course, I have super heavy gauge strings on it (72 for B string), to give you an idea. I've seen a lot of metal bands out there with really downtuned six string LP's, mainly doom bands. That LTD is nice! It has a Schecter C-1 look to it and yeah me too, I prefer passive pick-ups over active. They really add more something subtle, like the way I hold the pick, or angle I pluck comes out. The actives, however, are so much more quiet and seem to work better using Amp Sim VST's.

-JS

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users