Gibson Brands Forums

Am I crazy or just an idiot?

Yesterday me and the Mrs. popped into my local GC as I needed to pick up a few small things. As we walked the used guitar section we came upon this.

She fell in love with it and said that I should buy it because I didn't have one like it. :blink: everyone within earshot said "Dude she's giving you permission to but a $4000 Custom Shop Les Paul!"

I love my wife dearly but I was not paying that kinda moulah for any guitar. Just couldn't do it and believe me she was serious. To her guitars are like art and she would have no problem with me investing in this.

Nice to know anyway.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gibson/Les-Paul-Custom-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

Isn't this one of those Limited Edition "Widow" Customs that were made in different colours for a Canadian distributor?

Someone on the forum has one (or two)....?

:-k

Isn't this one of those Limited Edition "Widow" Customs that were made in different colours for a Canadian distributor?

Someone on the forum has one (or two)....?

:-k

I think so, too, but I also think Cookieman's wife didn't know about the guitar's naming. :unsure:

Guest Farnsbarns

I don't like it but that's irrelevant. Your wife actively encouraged you to spend 4k on something you like and you didn't by it.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to hand in your man card and your penis. You can either have a sex change or live as a they/their/them type but you're not welcome in man circles any more.

:P

I don't like it but that's irrelevant. Your wife actively encouraged you to spend 4k on something you like and you didn't by it.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to hand in your man card and your penis. You can either have a sex change or live as a they/their/them type but you're not welcome in man circles any more.

:P

I hear ya.

To add insult to injury I played a mint used mim strat, white with a maple neck, played beautifully and when I showed it to her she said and I quote "BORRRRIIING"

Hey the lady has expensive tastes!

lol

Looks too pimped out fir my taste. Like someone let a 5 year old decorate it with a bunch of glitter.....And besides, if your wife gives you permission to buy a guitar that expensive it's a trap!She's testing your common sense, after falling into that trap many times I have developed a third sense about them......dry.gif

You're not Crazy, or an Idiot, with regards to THAT Les Paul! [scared]

Another one of Gibson's follies, :rolleyes: IMHO. But, to each his/her own! [biggrin]

CB

yeah, it's no dusk tiger but, it's not going to win any beauty contests. [flapper]

that aside, i'm saying maybe the o/p should check her closet for a few new pairs of italian shoes or something...maybe there's a scratch on the hot rod....

i'd be looking for the other shoe to fall for sure

Google for -

Gibson Les Paul Custom Widow

And have a look at the images......

that's it, Orange Widow LPC.

Not according to Gibson and the serial number.

It's a custom in jaguar orange.

From the info I was shown 5 were made with orange binding and 5 with Black binding.

The widow is a burst this one isn't.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/562175965956519997/

Your a good man Cookie. That guitar isn't my cup of tea either but for my last birthday Deb. bought me a guitar and said I could have up to a $3,000.00 guitar, so I played a bunch and high priced ones too and actually loved the red Gretsch Streamliner over a Gibson Lucille that I thought I wanted.

That's cool that she's appreciating the instruments. That one isn't my cup of tea but it would be nice to have support if it were.

My wife knew as soon as I held the 2017 Bourbon Burst Standard, that it was going to have a new home. She was very supportive, even given the price tag. The P90 Goldtop took a little bit more discussion nd the purchase of an $1800.00 refrigerator to help "convince" her that we needed to adopt yet another new guitar. No more adoptions for 6 months. Unless I find something else really expensive to buy her. [biggrin]

Archived