Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

Izzy

I traded in my CIJ 2004 Mustang for this little gem.

The numbers on the back date it at 1977.

The man who came to swap was older and later he asked by text if I was happy with my amp.

I told him I was super happy and asked if he was happy with his guitar.

He said his neuropathy is so bad from the diabetes he can hardly feel his fingers.

It made me realize how lucky we are to be able to fiddle and play.

M4YCmRG.jpg

Cranked it and it sounds clean, no crackles, the tubes burn bright orange, not blue, and the cone is the original Fender 8" no dents. The thing looks babied. [thumbup]

She's the one. Responsive and clean but breaking up with the right amount of push. I am inlurv.

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Groove-errooonie!!

Got a switch for the Vibro?

[smile]

Thaks Guys in helping me decide!!! [thumbup]

I need a switch? I saw two inputs and both said instrument. I have two controls for the vibro (knobs); one for speed and one for intensity. Am I missing something?

Should I keep it as it is, totally stock, or should I exchange the speaker for a 10" and would that fit and not be a sacrilege? You know how much I respect old beauties.

Thaks Guys in helping me decide!!! [thumbup]

I need a switch? I saw two inputs and both said instrument. I have two controls for the vibro (knobs); one for speed and one for intensity. Am I missing something?

Should I keep it as it is, totally stock, or should I exchange the speaker for a 10" and would that fit and not be a sacrilege? You know how much I respect old beauties.

Sweet! Very nice amp. [thumbup]

They came with a vibrato "pedal" input in the back - look back there you'll see it. It's a swtich with a long cord that you can use to switch the vibrato on and off with your foot. Deluxe Reverbs for example have one for vibrato and reverb. Not necessary, but nice if you need vibrato on one song - or even part of a song - and don't want to reach back there and dial it in.

As for speaker, if the stocker sounds good - keep it. If you wanna try something else, check out Weber (keep the stock one in a box in case you ever resell the amp). This is Weber's normal Champ replacement for your era... These cheaper "Signature" models are quite good too...

The descriptions for each help you get a feel for how it sounds. Some have sound clips too. A speaker can make a huge difference in the sound of an amp.

Archived