Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Shark Nouveau Noir

Rabs

Never seen this before today.. Happened to see one on the Gibson Custom Facebook page.. Cant seem to find much info on them...

IMG_2746_zpsfckp298r.jpg

maxresdefault_zps8jei82mh.jpg

This is the Shark Nouveau Noir

730908444df_zps4p5uvoja.jpg

6fd14c3dc6_zpsrc7ogqyc.jpg

Then on my searches I also found this oddity which I must have missed (or blocked from my memory :))

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/Shark-Fin.aspx

7af02cb34_zpszrcrws6j.jpg

I love the look of them.

The restrained fret markers (I dont usually like ANY fret markers) look good. The body styling looks excellent. The headstock is a definite improvement.

The top ones look like hollowbodys without soundholes, hence the P90 style pups, floating bridge and endpin attached tail piece.

Its a tasteful blend of trad + new.

:)

I, too, LOVE the look of the blue, black and white ones!

I even like the cutesy 'open-book p'head' tailpiece detail.

Sadly I'm guessing that they will not be entry-level guitars......

Nice to see Gibson is coming up with some new sh...tuff.

Pip.

Looks expensive.

Gibson should just stick with their classic designs and forget about innovative ideas the majority of their customers don't want and invest their money in music programs to attract kids from a young age rather that the stupidity we've seen from this company in recent years.

Never seen this before today.. Happened to see one on the Gibson Custom Facebook page.. Cant seem to find much info on them...

IMG_2746_zpsfckp298r.jpg

maxresdefault_zps8jei82mh.jpg

This is the Shark Nouveau Noir

730908444df_zps4p5uvoja.jpg

6fd14c3dc6_zpsrc7ogqyc.jpg

Then on my searches I also found this oddity which I must have missed (or blocked from my memory :))

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Designer/Gibson-USA/Shark-Fin.aspx

7af02cb34_zpszrcrws6j.jpg

That top blue flamed beast is to die for. [drool] :o

I'm assuming those are five figures cost wise so I've already decided I can't afford one but they are stunning! Thanks for posting those Rabs! :o

Well certainly "different". Spruce top, maple back and sides, maple neck with Richlite fingerboard.

Apparently in Japan demo vidoes you are allowed to talk about the guitar, but NOT allowed to play it. [sneaky]

Also see some with two pickups - can't see any volume or tone controls, or toggle switch [confused] [confused] Hidden under pickguard [confused]

Apparently in Japan demo vidoes you are allowed to talk about the guitar, but NOT allowed to play it. [sneaky]

They don't play them, they just buy them.

rct

Archived