Gibson Brands Forums

What is a Pre-CBS Strat, one owner, worth?

jaxson50

I'm not normally at all a vintage guy, but that thing is in great shape. If it had some good initials on the neck block I'd actually consider buying that thing. I don't recognize the name on the back of the pickguard, I'll have to look in Smith book and see if anyone mentioned. And they didn't show any pencil scrawl on the block, should be a name or initials there even as late as 63. Could be a Leo, and I'd give 'em...at least 15k for a CLF guitar.

rct

It's in beautiful condition for the age of the guitar. I'm fairly certain my wife would have a problem if I were to buy a guitar that costs almost as much as her car. I'm not sure if it's worth that much or not but it's great for the age.

Nice looking original piece. What is it worth? Like any vintage one owner used item (car, guitar, antique) it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It's value is different to different people and there aren't a lot of comparable items. I don't think he'll get the asking price, but you never know.

Yeah, it's a nice version of a "Hardtail" "L" series Strat.

I too, still have Pre-CBS my "L" series, Strat,

Yep, I still got my old Strat. SN 51XXX (1960). Bought it used many, many years ago. Scraped up every dime I could find, and still had to borrow some to pay the $195 price tag. I thought I paid too much at the time for a "second hand" guitar.

2886902854_632a1c8ac7_o.jpg

Yep, I still got my old Strat. SN 51XXX (1960). Bought it used many, many years ago. Scraped up every dime I could find, and still had to borrow some to pay the $195 price tag. I thought I paid too much at the time for a "second hand" guitar.

2886902854_632a1c8ac7_o.jpg

[thumbup] Bet you're glad you made that purchase, now?!!! [biggrin]

CB

Archived