Gibson Brands Forums

Roger Moore

Retired

Ah, pity.

He seems to have been a thoroughly decent chap from what I've read over the years.

R.I.P. Mr. Moore. Tonight I'll raise a glass - or should that be an eyebrow? - in thanks for all the fun films!

Now, perhaps, he really IS starting out on the road to become The Saint?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9jDKolFVoiw/T_Yfp-zA8RI/AAAAAAAAFXc/sgrx2lvzwh0/s1600/The+Saint85.jpg

Pip.

Ah, pity.

He seems to have been a thoroughly decent chap from what I've read over the years.

R.I.P. Mr. Moore. Tonight I'll raise a glass - or should that be an eyebrow? - in thanks for all the fun films!

Now, perhaps, he really IS starting out on the road to become The Saint?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9jDKolFVoiw/T_Yfp-zA8RI/AAAAAAAAFXc/sgrx2lvzwh0/s1600/The+Saint85.jpg

Pip.

I remember him as the Saint more than Bond. I remember that Volvo and the ring over his head. But let's not think of the Persuaders! [flapper]

I remember him as the Saint more than Bond. I remember that Volvo and the ring over his head. But let's not think of the Persuaders! [flapper]

Yes; me too. Sean was 'my' Bond.

I loved the P1800 but forget the story-lines; the cars in 'The Persuaders' were in a different class to the Volvo. An Aston DBS and a Dino 246 GTB? Yes Please!

Small point of trivia regarding the Aston;

The number plate - BS 1 - which stood for the initials of Moore's character 'Brett Sinclair' was borrowed for filming from Billy Smart of 'Billy Smart's Circus' fame!

Pip.

R.I.P. Roger, he was the Bond most of my childhood.

Same here. Roger Moore still is my favourite 007, and "Octopu§§y" is my favourite James Bond film.

I also liked Roger acting Lord Brett Sinclair, one of "The Persuaders!" along with Tony Curtis as Danny Wilde, in the German dub version called "Die 2" (literally: "The 2"). Free translation of the original lines resulted in a brash, cheeky language. The dialogues are so ridiculously funny that I have to gasp for breath and same time take care to get them all. This TV series is iconic here.

Thank you, Roger, for years of excellent entertainment.

Roger Moore was my favorite Bond. I watched all Sean Connery Bond films as they came, and liked Roger Moore best for his humor. To tell you the truth I forgot about the Saint. I used to watch those with my Dad. He will be missed, RIP.

First-off I'd like to say it's great to see all the nice things folks here have said about him as Bond because here in the UK younger audiences (especially) more used, perhaps, to graphic, gratuitous violence being dealt out willy-nilly often rubbish his characterisation of Bond but at the time it was absolutely the right way to do it (IMO).

I remember him as the Saint best, but…. I also remember him as Ivanhoe...

Me too! I can even hum the chorus from the title tune if no-one stops me!

Does anyone else remember the film in which he played both main character roles (inc. as a doppelganger) entitled "The Man Who Haunted Himself."? I saw it not long after it came out (1970) and it gave me a few nightmares! Also one of the few times (to continue with the exotic car theme - Moore had a LOT of contact with exotic cars) you will ever see a Lamborghini Eslero S...

Pip.

My first experience with the James Bond films was in the 70's and with Roger Moore. I guess simply because of that, he is/was my favorite Bond. Sean Connery was good and so were a few others. RIP Roger.

Yeah, that's a shame! [crying] But, Roger had a great, and long life! It's often been said, that he was more the image

of James Bond, that Ian Fleming had in mind. I've enjoyed most of the actors that have played "Bond." I guess

Sean Connery, is still my favorite, in the roll, as he was the original version, when I was growing up. But, I

really enjoyed Roger's version, as well. And, Pierce Brosnan's, also. So, I guess those 3 are my favorites, really.

R.I.P Roger, and thanks for all the great entertainment, over the years! [thumbup]

CB

I looked up all his movies and tv shows. He played in a lot I didn't know. I remember him in The Wild Geese, loved that movie. Seven Bond films, I loved them all but I didn't remember he appeared in Curse of the Pink Panther, 1983. I'll have to see if I can find that one and watch it. It's been a very long time since I watched the Pink Panther movies.

Archived