Gibson Brands Forums

New from San Diego.

Ronin

Just joined the Gibson family this year. Bought a 2017 Les Paul Classic (Green Ocean Burst) and a 2017 Les Paul Faded (Worn Cherry). 48 years old and picked up the guitar about a year ago. Played in high school, but never got beyond parroting. Now that I have more time on my hands I want to learn how to play properly. Hope to meet some members here and learn about Gibsons. I don't have a Photobucket account, but if someone would assist, I would gladly share some pics of my new guitars. Thank you.

Welcome aboard Ronin. I went through Marine Corps boot camp in San Diego and have visited there several times since. Great city. A lot of great people here who are a wealth of knowledge. Enjoy your stay.

1495594925[/url]' post='1857587']

Just joined the Gibson family this year. Bought a 2017 Les Paul Classic (Green Ocean Burst) and a 2017 Les Paul Faded (Worn Cherry). 48 years old and picked up the guitar about a year ago. Played in high school, but never got beyond parroting. Now that I have more time on my hands I want to learn how to play properly. Hope to meet some members here and learn about Gibsons. I don't have a Photobucket account, but if someone would assist, I would gladly share some pics of my new guitars. Thank you.

Welcome aboard to this nice place Ronin' msp_thumbup.gif. Your Les Paul's sound interesting and folks here will want to see them. It's sort of an unofficial rule here, pictures or it didn't happen. Lol msp_flapper.gif. If you get a Photo Bucket account and it's free, you can download your photos there for free. Once their there, just select the photo and click on it. After popping up, there will be a box. Share this photo, right next to it click the most lower button or the IMG and left from it, Copy. Then on the Gibson Board where you will post your comment Paste this content into your post. When you reply, your comments and photo should show on the next screen. Hope that helps. As far as learning more, you couldn't have come to a better place.

Welcome aboard to this nice place Ronin' msp_thumbup.gif. Your Les Paul's sound interesting and folks here will want to see them. It's sort of an unofficial rule here, pictures or it didn't happen. Lol msp_flapper.gif. If you get a Photo Bucket account and it's free, you can download your photos there for free. Once their there, just select the photo and click on it. After popping up, there will be a box. Share this photo, right next to it click the most lower button or the IMG and left from it, Copy. Then on the Gibson Board where you will post your comment Paste this content into your post. When you reply, your comments and photo should show on the next screen. Hope that helps. As far as learning more, you couldn't have come to a better place.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Hi, and welcome, sorry for my late reply, I have been practicing like mad, the guitar is a very addictive instrument.

I too, am 48, and I took up the guitar as an older beginner in Feb 2016. With me, I was lucky enough to find an excellent on line guitar teacher, downloaded all his lessons and have learned how to play over 40 AC/DC songs, just yet rhythm part, lead is too hard for me. When I made the decision to commit myself to learning the guitar, I also pulled the trigger on a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio, later I would get a 2017 Les Paul Classic like yours but in the satin fireburst finish, an awesome guitar.

Enjoy your guitar journey.

Hi, and welcome, sorry for my late reply, I have been practicing like mad, the guitar is a very addictive instrument.

I too, am 48, and I took up the guitar as an older beginner in Feb 2016. With me, I was lucky enough to find an excellent on line guitar teacher, downloaded all his lessons and have learned how to play over 40 AC/DC songs, just yet rhythm part, lead is too hard for me. When I made the decision to commit myself to learning the guitar, I also pulled the trigger on a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio, later I would get a 2017 Les Paul Classic like yours but in the satin fireburst finish, an awesome guitar.

Enjoy your guitar journey.

I just enrolled at the local college. I am going to take a beginning classical guitar class. Very interested in music theory. But I love AC/DC too lol.

I just enrolled at the local college. I am going to take a beginning classical guitar class. Very interested in music theory. But I love AC/DC too lol.

That's an excellent idea, I have studied a bit of musical theory, but not a lot, only enough to be able to play the songs I have learned to play, I do need to study music theory in greater detail.

That's an excellent idea, I have studied a bit of musical theory, but not a lot, only enough to be able to play the songs I have learned to play, I do need to study music theory in greater detail.

Right now getting a head start with my guitar teacher. Just counting eighth and sixteenth notes is really challenging for me lol.

Welcome to the forums. Definitely some pretty guitars you got there. Much better than the guitars I started on! Good luck with your learning and playing.

Thank you. I like your Vs in your avatar.

Archived