Gibson Brands Forums

HNPD

EVOL!

Lately my old and very used Phase 90 has been acting up so I decided to get something new. I've been eyeing one of these PT999s for a while, but could not justify buying it until now.

When I ordered it, it seemed like this was one of the last ones in stock. I doubt Maxon would discontinue it. Maybe they are out of stock until they manufacture more?

I'll run it through the paces tonight at rehearsal and give her a good workout at my show this Friday.

full.jpg

Can you tell that I'm knob averse?

That video mentions internal trim pots, but I highly doubt mine has them since the bottom plate is attached with Torx like screws. Only the battery compartment is accessible.

I hope I won't miss the distorted mid boost my late 70s Phase 90 had. That pedal was as subtle as a jet plane landing on your roof.

Shoot me an email if you want me to fix the Phase 90 for you

I'm sure the Maxon does have the trimmers, but these types of things almost always sound best with the factory trimmer settings. My AD-9 Pro has the same screws but mine is missing both the battery door and bottom plate [crying]

Shoot me an email if you want me to fix the Phase 90 for you

Thanks, brother. I may take you up on that.

I ran the PT999 at rehearsal last night and while it sounds great, it is very subtle and I found myself missing the wall of sound my Phase 90 produces. Maxon does boast that the PT999 runs negative feedback of the signal to each phase-shifting FET for less distortion.

I'll shoot you an email with the list of symptoms.

My AD-9 Pro has the same screws but mine is missing both the battery door and bottom plate [crying]

[crying] indeed. When I was shopping for delays, I loved the Maxons' sound, but I wanted modulation so I went with Malekko. I hope you can find a replacement.

Thanks, brother. I may take you up on that.

I ran the PT999 at rehearsal last night and while it sounds great, it is very subtle and I found myself missing the wall of sound my Phase 90 produces. Maxon does boast that the PT999 runs negative feedback of the signal to each phase-shifting FET for less distortion.

I'll shoot you an email with the list of symptoms.

[crying] indeed. When I was shopping for delays, I loved the Maxons' sound, but I wanted modulation so I went with Malekko. I hope you can find a replacement.

For sure mang. You can try one of my Mutron Phaser II clones if you want. It has 2 more Phase shifting stages and a knob for POSITIVE feedback to get way more intense phasing

You can try one of my Mutron Phaser II clones if you want. It has 2 more Phase shifting stages and a knob for POSITIVE feedback to get way more intense phasing

That sounds killer!

Archived