Gibson Brands Forums

Rosewood Firebird

j45nick

Canon - Tonemotor, , , eeeh error, meant tone-monster.

Sounds like it. And this is probably an incredible guitar.

However my intuition whispers it's a challenge to control that will take skills to keep from taking over.

Jinder - It's a long-scale dread and thus lies in the vein of the well hidden J-60, not to mention the almost forgotten Sparrow.

I'll pass - the original maple version is stellar. Besides that I for some reason like my Gibsons in mahogany or maple.

But that's just me (as they say in the Sunday-school choir)

Canon - Tonemotor, , , eeeh error, meant tone-monster.

Sounds like it. And this is probably an incredible guitar.

However my intuition whispers it's a challenge to control that will take skills to keep from taking over.

Jinder - It's a long-scale dread and thus lies in the vein of the well hidden J-60, not to mention the almost forgotten Sparrow.

I'll pass - the original maple version is stellar. Besides that I for some reason like my Gibsons in mahogany or maple.

I'd forgotten the Sparrow! That was a very cool box, I had the jones for one of those for a while.

Jinder - It's a long-scale dread and thus lies in the vein of the well hidden J-60, not to mention the almost forgotten Sparrow. [/size][/font]

My initial reaction to the guitar was that it sounded remarkably similar to a good 1950's D-28, but with the additional power and clarity of scalloped bracing.

Sacrilege, I know.

In my opinion the Firebird is probably the crown jewel of the gibson montana era.In any version (Rosewood,Koa,Quilted Maple) they all have a fantastic sound.I would say there is something mystical about these firebird guitars.

I am not taking away anything from any of the other models but this is something extra special.

JC

• 3 weeks later...

Archived