Gibson Brands Forums

Your opinion is needed!

Epi_Insider

Hey Epiphone , if "you" are "here" , would you please make a larger Century amp . I think the 1 speaker reissue thing is absolutely great. It works perfectly with my arch top guitars. Other amps feedback...quite annoyingly so, when using your larger hollow body electric guitars , like the Deluxe reissue. But , the Century amp does not , or very , very little...only at the highest volume. I once had a tweed SC210 , which , regrettably , I no longer have :( I traded it in for an Epiphone guitar :) , worked for me :). But, I'd like to obtain an other, some day. That was a great amplifier , in my humble opinion. But , a larger "Century" type maybe a 2x12 with a matching external cabinet thing , would be perfect , :) You can do that...right ? :) With all the great new reissue arch top guitars that you have been producing , a larger amp would be quite excellent , also . in my humble opinion :) thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don't care if the re-issue is 100% vintage correct, and I couldn't care less about binding. Epi_Insider, this guitar is gorgeous and I would buy it as-is. I would even pre-order it and wait six months for it to arrive. It is so hard to find a mini-humbucker guitar, and the neck joints on the Wilshire/Crestwood series makes these things the most playable guitars I've ever encountered. TAKE MY MONEY!

I have some suggestions that would make this even better for my needs - but again, I would buy this guitar as-is and be insanely happy with it.

1 - As somebody else mentioned, I like having the Epiphone badge Tremotone unit instead of the standard Bigsby. The Bigsby is a classic, but the Tremotone (with its full, uninterrupted 360-degree range of motion) is more comfortable and more playable than the Bigsby.

2 - The 6-on-a-side batwing-style headstock (as pictured below), I believe, is better for tuning. This is based on my owning a reissue '66 Wilshire with the batwing headstock and a reissue '62 Crestwood with the 3-on-a-side headstock as shown in the current design. Don't get me wrong - the Crestwood holds tune very, very well, but the '66 Wilshire with the batwing headstock holds tune better than any other guitar I have ever owned. I have every reason to believe it's because of the added string tension placed on the treble-side strings + the straight string pull.

LARGEDSC00616.jpg

3 - What color options will be available?

BTW, it took me a moment, but I realized that what looks like a rotary switch by the volume/tone knobs is a six-way pickup selector switch. That's a stroke of brilliance that needs to be included on every 3-pickup guitar.

While this reissue won't 100% match the '60s specs, this unit looks like it'll be more flexible functionally speaking. Love it.

yes msp_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Lose the trem, make it a see thru finish with REAL wood, not crap mahogany with mahogany veneers, and make it one, maybe 2 pieces of wood. Add the binding around the neck and headstock, and drop the gold. Make the 3 pickups an option. (Personally 3 mini hums are the LAST combo I would own.) A 12 string version would be killer. Otherwise, looks ok.

Looks too Fenderish for an Epiphone (JMHO) I personally prefer when brands generate signature looking instruments or completely new designs.

Its beneath the major players to try to steal market share by emulating someone else's design cues. Leave that tactic to the lesser brands. Again,

this is just my opinion (but that is what you asked for). I would not be interested.

Think I would go with the modal 60 Bixby. The style you show is reported to be harder to keep your guitar in tune. With the e cover plate for the neck adjustment and the three pick ups, I'd call it the "Trident". With a few colors this would be a winner. Looks like it would be easy to play. Would like to give it a try.

We are working on some new model designs... what do you think of this one?DAxdPpcXkAIbY0t.jpg

Wow........tough room here.

Okay, I will share my thoughts on this guitar.

Colors other then white would be good, Pelham Blue, Red and Black would look cool.

Like others here, I think the tremolo should be an option.

A two pick up version with a 4 way rotary switch (Neck, both in phase, both out of phase and bridge)

Tone and volume for both pick ups.

Nickel hardware.....gold as an option. (Standard nickel with two pick ups, Custom gold with the three pick ups)

Locking tuners.

• 2 weeks later...

I want that one. Too bad they are not available.

I am still trying to find a new , or slightly used , blue colored Epiphone Riviera P93 . I see , they are available in Canada , now . At one time MF did have them , I must have been sleeping :) Things as such , true "limited edition" Epiphone instruments , like that thing , they do go rather fast . So , I guess , if you see something , that may not actually be over produced , you better obtain it , when it is available . That is my experience . You know how I feel about guitars , Epiphones in particular . If you don't , well , to me , they are great guitars , or the ones I have obtained , over the course of years , have been . I do not believe I "got lucky" , with the Epiphone instruments that I like . I just believe , Epiphone makes all the things they manufacture , great :) I have been playing , well ,every guitar here , but these ones have been taking up most of my practice time , lately . I think , they are great , because they are :) msp_thumbup.gif

Thanks Epiphone :)

GYqLNlX.jpg

vqpo0b5.jpg

e8KazhB.jpg?1

kaBu972.jpg?2

I expect to get many years of enjoyment with , all the instruments , actually . But , again , the latest instruments I have obtained really are , actually , to me , ridiculously nice ...indeed they are :) msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

And yes , I leave all the stickers on . Why , I don't know :) I just do :) . But , I do take the plastic "film" , protective cover sheet thing , off of the pickups . :) I also leave the plastic foam insert that is under the bridge/saddle thing on. Do you ? And , do you remove the stickers on your instruments ? i may , but , probably not . I like to look at them . I don't think that is wrong :)

peace :)

I will only own an epi that is either a new epi design like the wildcat, a Riv with mimi's, etc. the Sheraton and Riv with full humbuckers are not an option for me.

Why is that ? Is there something that you do not like about "full humbuckers" ? maybe msp_confused.gif

Revolution Six:

have you tried the ProBuckers? They're in my PlusTop, and while the 490 set in my Tribute is a LOT more responsive to the pots, I must say I love the ProBuckers just as much. They are one-dimensional in comparison, but it's a great dimension!

Revolution Six:

have you tried the ProBuckers? They're in my PlusTop, and while the 490 set in my Tribute is a LOT more responsive to the pots, I must say I love the ProBuckers just as much. They are one-dimensional in comparison, but it's a great dimension!

don't even bother pinch Revolution Six (aka SG Player) will never do anything more than trash these guitars.

PRoBuckers are good pickups, I like the ones in my Sheraton Pro II,

he wouldn't know, he's never tried them, nor ever will.

• Upvote 1

don't even bother pinch Revolution Six (aka SG Player) will never do anything more than trash these guitars.

PRoBuckers are good pickups, I like the ones in my Sheraton Pro II,

he wouldn't know, he's never tried them, nor ever will.

That' s wrong,

Epiphone humbuckers sound crap, they sound like an electric drill. A set of Gibson humbuckers is necessary.

P90 are great, no problem.