Gibson Brands Forums

Your opinion is needed!

Epi_Insider

We are working on some new model designs... what do you think of this one?DAxdPpcXkAIbY0t.jpg

I think it looks fantastic...now, wheres my 12 string Masterbilt with Venetian cut away ? Work on that...please msp_thumbup.gif And, as the previous forumite mentioned, "up" the fret wire...thank you msp_wink.gif

One more request. I believe that the Epiphone P93 Riviera may be one of Epiphones best model guitars, ever. I obtained the "wine red" model when that particular model was first introduced. Since then, I have also obtained the Royal red, black, gold and white one. I also intend to obtain the "Royal blue" one, soon. Also...Why so many ? Simple, I like them... Epiphone, please make another version of this, my favorite of all Epiphone guitars., in walnut, or some other "highly figured" type of wood. Also, if possible/practical, please manufacture that one with the same electronics (not pickup) with," dual output", or whatever it's called, as your "ultra" Les Pauls msp_smile.gif with a good (Shaller) (sp ?) roller bridge and graphite infused nut. Yes, I would also obtain a guitar as such, tomorrow, maybe even sooner msp_mellow.gif Thanks for looking at my requests msp_thumbup.gif

fMHcL5w.jpg

best guitars, ever eusa_dance.gif also, if possible, make a 12 string version, with a Bigsby and graphite saddles, or a 12 string roller bridge , or a 9 string, with the high E,B,G being the "tandem" strings...with a 9 string Bigsby, if such a thing exists, or if that configuration is even possible. In my humble opinion, that would be the best guitar, ever msp_thumbup.gif Also. would a P90 be appropriate for a 12 or 9 string guitar ? To me, these particular guitars, with the P90 pickups sound more "mellow" (to me), and less harsh than say, humbuckers or "single coils", or whatever they are called, at "normal" volume..with no excessive gain or od, or without pedals to make things sound "different", Not that I would not use sound effect things with a guitar such as i describe, I would, most likely use all the sound effects things I can find. msp_smile.gif and overdrive the thing to appropriate levels. Also, might P90's reduce the "brightness" or "jangle" that a tandem string guitar might have.? Pareallelogram "split" neck inlays, the Epiphone "Trade mark" big "E" molded into the Bigsby face and custom inlayed script on the head stock (see later post for description of headstock inlay) Ok ? enough "thinking" eusa_think.gif..now..get on it msp_wink.gifeusa_pray.gif please and thanksmsp_wub.gifmsp_cool.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Like others I do not like gold hardware or any vibratos. I had a '66 ES 345 way back when, never really loved the varitone. I would rather see a wilshire jr. or Special with 3 on a side tuners. Epi made some interesting guitars, more reissues of those to fill in the blanks next to the gibson copies. No skinny nuts, at least 1 11/16. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Emperor Regent and Blues Deluxe re issue in both natural and vintage sunburst finishes, and Iced tea...OK ? wine red, Gold, Royal black,white red, blue "tiger stripe" too, koa ?...thanks...This can happen...right ? msp_thumbup.gif

still want the 9 string Riviera too (please)eusa_pray.gif

I don't know if Epi_insider will ever come back to this post. I certainly hope so, at some point in the near future. I do have another request. If you ever do make a 9 string Riviera as I describe, make this the head stock inlay...if possible...again, thank you

The House of Stathopoulo

and the "normal" Riviera "crown".

• 1 month later...

Personally, I don't care if the re-issue is 100% vintage correct, and I couldn't care less about binding. Epi_Insider, this guitar is gorgeous and I would buy it as-is. I would even pre-order it and wait six months for it to arrive. It is so hard to find a mini-humbucker guitar, and the neck joints on the Wilshire/Crestwood series makes these things the most playable guitars I've ever encountered. TAKE MY MONEY!

I have some suggestions that would make this even better for my needs - but again, I would buy this guitar as-is and be insanely happy with it.

1 - As somebody else mentioned, I like having the Epiphone badge Tremotone unit instead of the standard Bigsby. The Bigsby is a classic, but the Tremotone (with its full, uninterrupted 360-degree range of motion) is more comfortable and more playable than the Bigsby.

2 - The 6-on-a-side batwing-style headstock (as pictured below), I believe, is better for tuning. This is based on my owning a reissue '66 Wilshire with the batwing headstock and a reissue '62 Crestwood with the 3-on-a-side headstock as shown in the current design. Don't get me wrong - the Crestwood holds tune very, very well, but the '66 Wilshire with the batwing headstock holds tune better than any other guitar I have ever owned. I have every reason to believe it's because of the added string tension placed on the treble-side strings + the straight string pull.

LARGEDSC00616.jpg

3 - What color options will be available?

BTW, it took me a moment, but I realized that what looks like a rotary switch by the volume/tone knobs is a six-way pickup selector switch. That's a stroke of brilliance that needs to be included on every 3-pickup guitar.

While this reissue won't 100% match the '60s specs, this unit looks like it'll be more flexible functionally speaking. Love it.

• Upvote 1