Gibson Brands Forums

Your opinion is needed!

Epi_Insider

Revolution Six is SG Player?!?

I don't actually mind. He's not a troll, he's just... let's call it "different".

I say, welcome back, Sir. I look forward to the A/B test of my Epi LP and my Gibson Tribute.

I've put it off, because I fear the ProBuckers sound more like Slash than my Gibson.

Revolution Six is SG Player?!?

I don't actually mind. He's not a troll, he's just... let's call it "different".

I say, welcome back, Sir. I look forward to the A/B test of my Epi LP and my Gibson Tribute.

I've put it off, because I fear the ProBuckers sound more like Slash than my Gibson.

Pinch, go read his posts in this forum,, then tell me if you don't think he's a troll

probably a fine guy in person,, but not so much here.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I'm trying to find out about the Epiphone Wilshire III. As a owner of the Wilshire II, with 2 mini humbuckers, I read on wiki, there was a Wilshire III, with 3 mini humbuckers!!! Is this correct, as I've never seen or heard of one, and, or, are they confusing it with a Epiphone Crestwood Deluxe, which I own, that has 3 mini humbuckers!!! They both have the batwing style Headstock. I came across the picture on Google of a  white 3 mini humbucker Wilshire with a 3 on a side Headstock which was with this forum, but is it only a suggested prototype??? 

Epiphone's reissue of the Wilshire with the batwing Headstock & 2 mini humbuckers was gorgeous!!! A reissue of the mid 60's Crestwood Deluxe with the batwing Headstock & 3 mini humbuckers in a limited number, would fly off the racks in sales, if the copies made are any indication!!! 

9 hours ago, Mercuryjones said:

Hi, I'm trying to find out about the Epiphone Wilshire III. As a owner of the Wilshire II, with 2 mini humbuckers, I read on wiki, there was a Wilshire III, with 3 mini humbuckers!!! Is this correct, as I've never seen or heard of one, and, or, are they confusing it with a Epiphone Crestwood Deluxe, which I own, that has 3 mini humbuckers!!! They both have the batwing style Headstock. I came across the picture on Google of a  white 3 mini humbucker Wilshire with a 3 on a side Headstock which was with this forum, but is it only a suggested prototype??? 

Epiphone's reissue of the Wilshire with the batwing Headstock & 2 mini humbuckers was gorgeous!!! A reissue of the mid 60's Crestwood Deluxe with the batwing Headstock & 3 mini humbuckers in a limited number, would fly off the racks in sales, if the copies made are any indication!!! 

The vintage Wilshire was not referred to by numbers.

Epiphone did make a guitar called the Wilshire II in the 80s; it was essentially a Super Strat with two humbuckers, but a stopbar tailpiece. They also made a Crestwood II with a Fender-style tremolo bridge but the same body and pickups.

They made a Wilshire III; it had the asymmetrical body of the 1963 and on vintage model, but was essentially a classic Stratocaster in every other regard.

Many people confuse the Wilshire and Crestwood, and Epiphone's various standard humbucker and block inlay Wilshire models don't help. The prototype in this thread (or just a mockup; I believe this is a Photoshop job) was never produced.

There is a lot of confusion with the early solidbody types like the first 59 Wilshire, 60 Crestwood, 58 Coronet, 60's Olympic and a few others that used very similar body designs. Most with only Epiphone on the headstock and not marked as to what specific model they were. When I got my first New 64 Coronet I only new it as an Epiphone and didn't discover the model until later.

These also used different body styles depending on the era,  the first are based on the 58 Coronet which the shape continued to be modified into the 60's, then the Melody Maker style, the Kalamazoo bolt-on neck using the SG type body and the Strat style. Basically lots of different bod changes.

These models below came with several different pickups like the P90, MiniBuckers, full sized Humbuckers and the narrow style single coil.

Typically the Coronet had 1 pickup

The Wilshire had 2 pickups 

The Crestwood had a few upgrades usually including 2 pickups and a Tremolo

Edited by mihcmac

To pohatu771  & mihcmac, a big thanks for your reply!!!

Well, after reading your replies & a little bit more research, I realised the thing only thing similar between the latter Wilshire II & III, & the 60's solids is  the neck material & the shape of the headstock, & even they're both different!!! 

I was curious in regards to the Epi_Insiders, asking for our opinion on the guitar in the picture. Put out a reissue of the mid 60's Crestwood solidbodies, Deluxe & Custom, limited edition, custom shop model!!! They would be a huge success I think!!! Do a Fred 'Sonic' Smith MC5 model like Fender did with the Wayne Kramer 'Stars & Stripes' signature Strat!!! It was only a MIM Strat, so it kept the price affordable!!! And they sold everyone, the price for a used one if you can find one, had doubled!!! Made it a collectors item!!! Win win all around Epiphone!!!

On 6/28/2021 at 3:33 PM, Mercuryjones said:

To pohatu771  & mihcmac, a big thanks for your reply!!!

Well, after reading your replies & a little bit more research, I realised the thing only thing similar between the latter Wilshire II & III, & the 60's solids is  the neck material & the shape of the headstock, & even they're both different!!! 

I was curious in regards to the Epi_Insiders, asking for our opinion on the guitar in the picture. Put out a reissue of the mid 60's Crestwood solidbodies, Deluxe & Custom, limited edition, custom shop model!!! They would be a huge success I think!!! Do a Fred 'Sonic' Smith MC5 model like Fender did with the Wayne Kramer 'Stars & Stripes' signature Strat!!! It was only a MIM Strat, so it kept the price affordable!!! And they sold everyone, the price for a used one if you can find one, had doubled!!! Made it a collectors item!!! Win win all around Epiphone!!!

The current Crestwood, Coronet use the same earlier symmetrical body type like my 2020, 59 style Wilshire…

AovIPtC.jpg