Gibson Brands Forums

Playing a gig tomorrow night

sparquelito

....... and we are really looking forward to it.

A reunion party of sorts, with a number of middle-aged attendees.

Around 50 people or so will be there for cocktail hour, speeches, dinner, more drinks, and music throughout.

I met with the reunion coordinator at a reunion kickoff lunch today.

Great gal, I really like her, and I get a good vibe from the gals (and very few guys) I met at the luncheon today.

Funny thing is, and this is with less than 24 hours to go before we take the stage;

I'm pretty sure we (the band) will be the only white people in attendance.

I mean, dang.

I sure am glad that we know some Sam Cooke, Johnny Nash, Otis Redding, Earth Wind & Fire, Temptations, Hot Chocolate, and The O'Jays.

Really.

This is going to be epic fun, but a bit of a challenge, considering the white-bread, classic-rock nature of our set lists.

:)

Hopefully it won't be like the Blues Brothers in the Honkey-Tonk bar [scared]

Having played in and around Chicago for many years we sometimes got booked into ethnic places where we thought we might not fit, both Black and Hispanic but my experience was that if you performed well, regardless of the genre the audience appreciates it. So I say stick with what you do best and let it rock. [thumbup]

Having played in and around Chicago for many years we sometimes got booked into ethnic places where we thought we might not fit, both Black and Hispanic but my experience was that if you performed well, regardless of the genre the audience appreciates it. So I say stick with what you do best and let it rock. [thumbup]

That's pretty much how it went, Twang Gang.

Everybody had a real good time, and in the end, we added a bunch more dance tunes to our bag of tricks.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

:)

Archived