Gibson Guitar Board: Crash bug. Exit while Recording On. - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crash bug. Exit while Recording On.

#1 User is offline   BeatJacker 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

Let's say it's the end of your set. You want to shutdown the PC. First you exit the Deckadance software. Crash box pops up. Then you remember, Recording was On. That's why it crashed. The recording wav file survived OK. But can you have the DD software check if it's Recording just before Exiting, and cleanly stop the recording before actually exiting the software so that it doesn't crash and pop up that system dialog box.

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Thanks for the report. DD's code stops the recorder at exit (...otherwise the WAV file woulnd't survive to the crash). There is no doubt that something bad is happening due to your crash, by the moment I cannot reproduce it here but I'm investigating it.

#3 User is offline   BeatJacker 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:09 AM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 28 May 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

Thanks for the report. DD's code stops the recorder at exit (...otherwise the WAV file woulnd't survive to the crash). There is no doubt that something bad is happening due to your crash, by the moment I cannot reproduce it here but I'm investigating it.

I believe that the bug is probably be caused by the thread which is writing the WAV data thru the pointer to the memory block which is mapped to the memory mapped file, and because of a race condition, the file is closed before the software fully stops the thread which writes the WAV data to the memory block, so the memory block is no mapped to the file therefore no longer allowed to be written to or read from, so this invalid pointer causes the a GPF / software crash box.

#4 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:48 AM

Surely it's a race condition, I'm working on a new update with a few changes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users