Gibson Brands Forums

TV theme song

Izzy

We did this a while back. I remember us posting our favorite tv sitcom songs.

Today I was watching Roseanne and the intro song from the first season started and WOW...a lady could do a striptease to that song [woot]

It is really good. And we already know the theme to The Jeffersons is epic!

post your pick! here's mine:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The theme song for Starsky and Hutch. I have this on my playlist in my iPhone for workouts and can't seem to get enough of it after all these years. It definitely gets my blood pumping. [biggrin]

The theme song for Starsky and Hutch. I have this on my playlist in my iPhone for workouts and can't seem to get enough of it after all these years. It definitely gets my blood pumping. [biggrin]

Wow! I'd never heard that one before. That is one hell of a tune! [thumbup]

That was a great theme, though I always found it unusual that they used a few different themes tunes for each season of the show.

This is my all time favourite theme tune. Absolutely LOVE this tune and the show was excellent too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEjSdPBgxz0

When I was a kid, had the 45rpm of the SWAT theme. [thumbup]

Maybe it's nostalgia, but I honestly think the music was best in those 60s and 70s shows.

SWAT, Rockford Flies, Hawaii Five 0, Sanford and Son, Get Smart... I could fill the page

Dig this bass B)

And as far as the bass player in me goes, this one tops my list:

I didn't realize you had already posted Barney Miller. I posted that one too, but at least it was a slightly different version. [biggrin]

Not sure if you already know this. But if you delete the "s" after the "http" in the copied link, it will embed. Like this.

When I was a kid during the '70s, and my brothers and sister would watch TV shows like "Sanford and Son", "The Rockford Files", "Welcome Back Kotter", etc., etc. with my parents, I never had any idea that the songs at the beginning were actual songs.... I guess I thought they were just thrown together for the show. But listening to them now, as an adult? Those are some damn kick-*** songs!

Even the shows from the '60s, that I watched in syndication… the songs seemed "silly" to me. Haha! Joke was on me! Songs like, "Get Smart", "The Munsters", and the like.... those songs were expertly crafted and performed by amazingly talented songwriters and session players.

Archived