Gibson Brands Forums

Name the guitarist by the guitar pt2

Rabs

I didnt know most of 'em either.

42% (mostly guesses)

I'm right there with you at mostly guessing 42%. My impatience did however, kick in a few times, so I might have done better had I given some of them some thought. Then again...

Eighty something. Lucky. I have never actually voluntarily listened to Eddie Van Halen. But nice guitar. And he spreads his legs out and that kind of thing so I can recognize him without having to listen to any music.

It's his power, his ease. He is comfortable playing, he's having a ball, a guy just glad to be playing and singing. It's a shame he's such a tool to work with. I spent some time with him at the old Harrah's in AC when they were here with Gary singing, he was the nicest guy ever, but Gary said he was just about impossible to work with. The opener from Toronto, long time ago, just a good example of normal Ed, not too crazy playing. And I like seeing the switch go to ON, right after he gets down front first time. Man that just feels so good for everyone, no matter what you are playing:

rct

It's his power, his ease. He is comfortable playing, he's having a ball, a guy just glad to be playing and singing. It's a shame he's such a tool to work with. I spent some time with him at the old Harrah's in AC when they were here with Gary singing, he was the nicest guy ever, but Gary said he was just about impossible to work with. The opener from Toronto, long time ago, just a good example of normal Ed, not too crazy playing. And I like seeing the switch go to ON, right after he gets down front first time. Man that just feels so good for everyone, no matter what you are playing:

rct

They are having fun. Now I'll have to find something else to be miserable about. Geez. [laugh]

They are having fun. Now I'll have to find something else to be miserable about. Geez. [laugh]

Surely there is some package in the house that neither of you can get open. If not, we have a bunch, I'll send you a pill bottle or BluRay.

rct

... And I like seeing the switch go to ON, right after he gets down front first time. Man that just feels so good for everyone, no matter what you are playing:

That's the look you get when your rig is sounding amazing AND you can actually hear everyone else AND the audience is feeling it too. [thumbup] So basically that's the reason we do this. That moment right there.

Surely there is some package in the house that neither of you can get open. If not, we have a bunch, I'll send you a pill bottle or BluRay.

rct

Yeah - Everything's adultproofed now, I can't really see stuff unless I angle my glasses just right and squint about half way. They'll probably find me dead in the driveway holding a twinkie that I couldn't unwrap. [crying]

Yeah - Everything's adultproofed now, I can't really see stuff unless I angle my glasses just right and squint about half way. They'll probably find me dead in the driveway holding a twinkie that I couldn't unwrap. [crying]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Broke a B string first set first song first solo. My biggest concern was getting my glasses to stay on so I could change it, and finding another pair of hands to hold the flashlight. After that, have you seen how small the holes are in tunin machines these days? Holy moly it musta took a hundres passes to get that string in there.

That was it for my brief period of life where I took just one guitar. As lazy as I've become, I'd rather schlep two than do that in a hurry again.

And yesterday I broke another B string for no apparent reason, while noodling around at home.

rct

I knew 5 out of 14 so 35%.

I guessed a few others correctly but as I had absolutely no idea who they were I won't count them in my score...........eusa_naughty.gif...........that would be playing false.

Previously I'd not noticed that, in the relevant snap, JLH's p'ups have both been turned 'round.......huh.gif......but hey; who am I to question JLH's preferences?.........

Pip.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Broke a B string first set first song first solo. My biggest concern was getting my glasses to stay on so I could change it, and finding another pair of hands to hold the flashlight. After that, have you seen how small the holes are in tunin machines these days? Holy moly it musta took a hundres passes to get that string in there.

That was it for my brief period of life where I took just one guitar. As lazy as I've become, I'd rather schlep two than do that in a hurry again.

And yesterday I broke another B string for no apparent reason, while noodling around at home.

rct

Sorry to hear that you're going down so fast, man. Tough way to go, without your glasses working right and everything. [laugh]

Archived