• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Deckadance 2.73 pre-release

#1 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

Please share your valuable feedback on our new version. Links to the installers:

Windows
OSX

Deckadance 2.73 changelog:
-------------------------------------
* [new] - Added "virtual deck" widget [DD-401].
* [new] - Added DVS oscilloscope extended info (velocity, position, lead-in, noise threshold and decoder error) [DD-402].
* [new] - Added "Add Songs" button to song manager [DD-403].
* [new] - Added keyboard shortcut for MIDI script developers. [CTRL+S] reload all MIDI scripts [DD-404].
* [new] - Added "Tap" MIDI command [DD-405].
* [new] - Added MIDI scripts for: Numark MixTrack 3 / Orbit / DJ2GO, Akai APC Mini, Stanton SCS.3M, M-Audio Xponent (Special thanks to Connor Moroney) [DD-406].
* [fix] - Fixed waveform mouse scratching display bug [DD-407].
* [fix] - Fixed MIDI scripting commands PREVIEW_PLAY_PAUSE return value [DD-408].
* [fix] - Fixed not showing "key" column in song manager after installation [DD-409].
* [fix] - Fixed Eq High filter problem [DD-410].
* [fix] - Fixed DVS runout warning when using generic vinyl [DD-411].

CAUTION: This is pre release software, is considered "complete" but still not ready for general use due to a lack of testing "in the wild". Use at your own risk.

#2 User is offline   BeatJacker 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

Only a blank page is visible on these google drive links...?!

#3 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:44 AM

Could you try it again? I can download it from here. The white screen appears after pressing the download button from the link, but after a few seconds it starts to download.

#4 User is offline   BeatJacker 

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Got it. It was because my javascript was temporarily turned off in the browser. Turned it on and download works. Thanks Luis.

#5 User is offline   Scoox 

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:52 AM

I haven't used DD for a while but today I went ahead and checked the latest version (v2.73). There are many nice little improvements and syncing seems more reliable than it used to be in older versions, but I could be wrong. I'm also pleasantly surprised to see that touch is supported quite well by DD, certainly a lot better than Traktor! I wish double-tapping could be used to reset controls though, or that there was some sort of "virtual mid-point detent" on knobs that have a mid-value (e.g. EQ, filter, etc), like in FL Studio.

Next up is the stuff I'm having trouble with. I don't know if these issues are related to the recent updates as I haven't touched DD for a while, but here it goes:

● Single-clicking fader caps makes the fader jump to the mouse position. This should be optional, personally I think it's better if the fader moves only when the mouse moves, otherwise I always get unintentional value jumps. This is also an issue when using touch, especially faders.
● When the mouse button is released, the mouse pointer should reappear at the original click position, but currently it reappears somewhere else, usually off the control area. You can see this in the attached video:
Attached File  DD mouse pointer off .gif (277.64K)
Number of downloads: 6.
● Related to the previous issue, when moving controls with the mouse, once the control reaches its top or bottom value, if the mouse continues to motion beyond, moving the mouse back in the opposite direction should start moving the control immediately, but this is not the case. If you "overshoot" by 5 cm on the screen, the invisible mouse pointer must travel back the same 5 cm for the knob to start turning the other way. Image-Line stuff has this problem too and I think it's a strange design. Please check NI Traktor to see how this should ideally work.
● Mouse sensitivity for knobs seems ok, perhaps a little too fast for my liking, but faders are way too fast. My mouse pointer speed settings are fine in other apps and plugins, so I guess this is specific to DD.
● Occasionally I've had controls in DD not move smoothly, but rather in a jumpy choppy way. Restarting the program fixed the issue. I'll keep an eye out and see if I an figure out how to reproduce this consistently.
● Drag-and drop files from Explorer not working properly, tracks get loaded into the wrong deck, the red border doesn't highlight the deck under the mouse pointer. Dragging files from DD's own browser works OK though. I wonder if this is related to high-DPI displays.
There are still some old "issues" (limitations, rather) that I think I'm not the only one hopes will be sorted out in a future update. The first thing I check when I open DD whether EQ and filter is full-cut. I use full cut when mixing every single time. This is the number one thing that keeps me going back to Traktor. And I'm really dying to completely ditch that dinosaur and start using DD full-time, and it's amazing scripting engine.

Of course DD has other limitations as well, some things which are currently definitely better in Traktor, I posted those elsewhere, I trust Luis is aware of those.

If any the problems I've just described is clear, I will upload a screen capture on Youtube,

Really many thanks!

#6 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Thanks a lot for the report Scoox. The problem with the drag and drop is caused by the high-DPI displays, I'm trying to fix it. I'll try to improve the rest of problems described in your post.

#7 User is offline   Scoox 

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 03 August 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for the report Scoox. The problem with the drag and drop is caused by the high-DPI displays, I'm trying to fix it. I'll try to improve the rest of problems described in your post.

I thought so, high DPI displays are known to cause problems with many applications. I'm really missing the days when 1920x1200 resolution was the norm, this resolution was more than adequate for most pro users' needs, uses less power, etc... but I guess times changed. Thank you!

#8 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:45 AM

I do agree about the 1920x1200 resolution ;-)

#9 User is offline   Jabber 

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

First I like the new version so far haven't looked in deep.
But it seems to run stable (Standalone and as vst in FLstudio)

The Filter in the mid region got smoother right? If yes i like it!

Here is one Crash i get.
https://youtu.be/EFKnrCjNeiI
When Keylock is off and i spin the jog hard back DD is crashing 100%
With Keylock on no problem. Spinning Forward no problem. Scratching no problem.
Edit:
I think that has to do with my Controller. I found in the manual a line that touch is deactitated when it is not in Vinyl mode.
I still don't get a how it ist designed.

Now my wishes.
-"virtual deck" widget should be displayable or not like "Smart Utility Panels"
(edit. just saw the option in Preverences -> Layout) would like it more if it was like the "Smart Utility Panels"
-velocity number in the "virtual deck" widget would be great. (also for controllers)

-I would love to see the "Smart Utility Panels" in the horizontal mode. (with a reduced design like the zoom.)
-In horizontal mode i miss the beatgid going throu.
-And the crossfader / Channel Volume Control is also missing in horizontal mode IMHO. Maybe put it in there as a "Smart Utility Panel"
-Better vst compability (vst3) would be awesome. Never got my FabFilter plugins working. (my goto workadound is FLstudio)
-Highlite EQ Filter and Crossfader in middle Position.
Like So:
Attached File  deckadance.png (87.21K)
Number of downloads: 5
-Midi Command for scrubbing throu preview.

Question:
-Is the ("Tap" MIDI command [DD-405]) for the Beatgrid?
-I don't understand how to use [DD-389]
Got it!
(In my words: "Changes the Key of the Deck That it fits to the Key of the masterdeck. But with as minimal Key cahnge as possible.")
I was confused with the word "find" i thought it woul search trou the Library and load a track that fits to the Deck.
But that was a bit a strange function. (to Automix like) ;)

___

@Scoox for filter full cut there is a workaround if u use a Midicontroller.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanton\Deckadance 2\script_files
In this folder you should search for the midiscript u use. (make a backupcopy) Open it with an editor. Search in the file for "EQ_LOW_A"
than copy this code in and replace the hex number with the one in your scriptfile. Hex numer is between "case" and the ":" 0x is short for Hex.

case 0x04:		if(((get(EQ_LOW_A)-value01)<=0.12)&&((value01-get(EQ_LOW_A))<=0.12))	{if(value==0 )set(EQ_LOW_KILL_A) 	; else { if(1==get(EQ_LOW_KILL_A)) set(EQ_LOW_KILL_A); set(EQ_LOW_A,value01); 	}} break;	//EQlowA
				case 0x03:		if(((get(EQ_MID_A)-value01)<=0.12)&&((value01-get(EQ_MID_A))<=0.12))	{if(value==0 )set(EQ_MID_KILL_A) 	; else { if(1==get(EQ_MID_KILL_A)) set(EQ_MID_KILL_A); set(EQ_MID_A,value01); 	}} break;	//EQmidA
				case 0x02:		if(((get(EQ_HIGH_A)-value01)<=0.12)&&((value01-get(EQ_HIGH_A))<=0.12))	{if(value==0 )set(EQ_HIGH_KILL_A) 	; else { if(1==get(EQ_HIGH_KILL_A)) set(EQ_HIGH_KILL_A); set(EQ_HIGH_A,value01);}} break;	//EQhighA

right under this

void OnMidiMessageReceived (const string &in name, int status, int data, int value)
{

copy this
float value01 = value / 127.0;

and it should work.

Don't forget the other decks this was just DeckA.

When you do other Decks u have to change the Hex number and instead of A on the end u have to write B ect.

After that your eq controlls shouldn't jump far and kill when -max.

(jump far means when u change EQ with the mouse to +max and on the controller it is @ -max.
If u move the EQ on the controller a bit it jumps right to the controller position from +max to nearly -max witch is bad IMO)
With that code it just jumps 12% i think. U have to turn teh controll till u are 12% away from the value it is in DD and than u controll it with your controller.

U maybe have to fiddle around with the 12% depending on how fast you turn your knobs. And how often your controller sends messages to your PC.
But 12% works pretty good for me. The 12% is the 0.12, 1 would be 100% and 0.01 1 %.

Problem is the kill is a on and off thing still its not nice smooth.

If u can't understand what i was writing Scoox and your controller has a script.
Send me the name and i can write it for you.
___

Bug?
I dont kanow if thi is a bug.
-When i Load a Track in a Deck the "Tempo/Pitch value" is getting reseted.
If u use a Controller that is anoying.

#10 User is offline   BeatJacker 

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

Cue is working differently.
In the last version 2.72, when you hit a cue, while a deck is playing, playback will jump to that cue point only at the next beat, this keeps the tempo of the song intact.
In the current version 2.73, when you hit a cue, while a deck is playing, playback will instantly jump to that cue point, this messes up the smooth even playback of the song, causes a trainwreck feel.

#11 User is offline   BeatJacker 

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

Also, adding Cue points is working differently.
In 2.72, press a number to create a Cue Points while the deck is playing, DD created the cue point snapped (quantized) to the beat.
In 2.73, press a number to create a Cue Point, while the deck is playing, DD creates the cue point exactly at that point in the song, usually totally off the beat.
Snapped to the beat is better, more useful.

#12 User is offline   BeatJacker 

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

It looks like the "Snap" button was turned back to the default, Off. Turning it On should solve this problem!

#13 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:04 AM

View PostBeatJacker, on 07 September 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

...It looks like the "Snap" button was turned back to the default, Off. Turning it On should solve this problem!

Good to know that you solved the problem. I think that the first time that you install DD the default value for the [Snap] button is "off"... Should we change it to "on"?

#14 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:23 AM

View PostJabber, on 01 September 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Question:
-Is the ("Tap" MIDI command [DD-405]) for the Beatgrid?

Yes, it's for the beatgrid. You can see the same button in the "Grid" utility panel.

View PostJabber, on 01 September 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Bug?
I dont kanow if thi is a bug.
-When i Load a Track in a Deck the "Tempo/Pitch value" is getting reseted.
If u use a Controller that is anoying.

It's not a bug, it is more secure to be reseted but it's true that it presents a problem when you are using an external controller. I have to add a MIDI script example with "soft takeover" functionality, this will show a method to avoid the jumping for the pitch of effects knobs. Another option is to simply add a new preference "Reset pitch at song load (Yes/No)".

BTW, thanks for your comments!

#15 User is offline   BeatJacker 

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:24 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 08 September 2017 - 05:04 AM, said:

Good to know that you solved the problem. I think that the first time that you install DD the default value for the [Snap] button is "off"... Should we change it to "on"?

Yes, in my opinion, it's more musical to have the Snap button default to On. What does other DJ software default their Snap buttons to, does anyone know? Traktor, Virtual DJ, Serato, Rekordbox ?

#16 User is offline   Jabber 

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 08 September 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

BTW, thanks for your comments!

My pleasure! Sadly irregular :)

I just noticed the order of the Layout is awesome!
Earlyer i thought it could be better.
But when scripting u can just increase by 2 and you have a pervect 2 Deckplayer, increments of 1 you have a 4 Deckplayer.
It is great!

#17 User is offline   Jabber 

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:52 AM

FIXED!
After Fall Creators update (win10 64bit).
When i try to start DD Beta i only see splash screen.
Bedind the splash screen is a preparicng installation window but nothing is happening.

Before the win Update there was no problem.

https://youtu.be/COioWOcqGf0

Problem is fixed by reinstalling souncard drivers.
(I have a Yamaha AG06)

#18 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for the report... computers, they drive us crazy ;-).

#19 User is offline   Scoox 

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:44 AM

Will the next release get full cut EQs and filters? It's one of the first things I check for whenever a new DD update is released [-o<

#20 User is offline   TheMoroney 

• LocationUSA

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

Luis, thanks for adding the tap function.

To the DD community.
Please expect to see updated a updated script for the Numark Mixtrack in the coming days with improved functionality as well as more refined jogwheel operation.
Guest Script Writer (IE, I do not work for Stanton, Gibson, or any of their associated brands, nor do I work any other companies who are in the industry. This also means I do not get any compensation for the scripts I write. All scripts that are written by me and all help given by me is to be acknowledged as one user helping another.)
Author of the Numark DJ2GO script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the Numark Orbit script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the updated version of the script for the M-Audio Xponent (included in 2.72)
Author of the Akai APK Mini script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Author of the Numark Mixtrack 3 script for Deckadance (included in 2.72)
Deckadance user since 2014
FL Studio user since 2013

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users