Gibson Brands Forums

Any Les Paul Jr. Love?

Texsunburst59

I've waited for over 25+ yrs. to finally score a LP Jr. at a killer price.

I finally can scratch this one off my guitar bucket list.

I love the black with Tort guard. I think it's a great combo.

The neck is in between a 50's and 60's, and it's perfect for my hand.

The P-90 in this guitar have just the right amount of back and bit.

With just a volume and tone control, this guitar is a no nonsense rock machine.

Here's my 2001 LP Jr.:

35059042655_9bd2eab9b7_b.jpg

34248334243_13ca509f6a_b.jpg

Yes, my last purchase was a 2010 LPJ satin white.

P.S. Man you have a serious addiction there. I thought I was a guitar junkie!

LPJr2010sml_zpsavmykprd.jpg

I REALLY like that white Jr. VERY nice looking guitar for sure.

The guitar addiction really isn't my fault.

They pawnshops I visit practically give good guitars away here in South Texas.

It's very hare not to buy them when they're priced crazy low.

Great guitars I want to get a few more.

I bought this 2016 proprietrary run one a few months ago. it's stunning and probably my favourite guitar.

I love the tone and growl of the P-90

IMG_6563.jpg

That's a beauty Adam.

I haven't had the opportunity to play one of these newer Jrs.

I think I need to get out and try one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Resurrecting the dead. Sam Ash just listed some new old stock 2015 Les Paul Jrs on their site for 479. This thread inspired me to order one. I do like the 2015 neck width and the G-Force plus it comes with a hard shell case.

I think that this forum may be bad for me because I keep getting ideas and buying them.

:unsure:

Resurrecting the dead. Sam Ash just listed some new old stock 2015 Les Paul Jrs on their site for 479. This thread inspired me to order one. I do like the 2015 neck width and the G-Force plus it comes with a hard shell case.

I think that this forum may be bad for me because I keep getting ideas and buying them.

:unsure:

Damn, $479?

I bought one for $550 back in early 2016, it was listed as used but I think it might have been new and maybe they were just dumping them as used to save Gibson embarrassment for how badly the 2015s were selling.

I ditched the G Force on mine, I just didn't see the point. I also called up Gibson and got the nut replacement, you should call to see if they're still sending them out because the brass nut on the 2015 wears very quickly. I had mine maybe a month before I started seeing grooves in it and it started pinging. The case for the 2015 is fugly too IMO and doesn't seem as well made as the older ones. I just use one of old brown ones if I take the Jr anywhere and leave the 2015 one at home in case I ever have to bury any Vulcans. I bought a sticker to put over that Les' sig on the headstock too, I get that it's Les's actual sig etc but it looks ridiculous IMO.

The P90 sounds great though and I really like the wider fretboard. I wouldn't want it on all my LP but it's the one new feature on the 2015s that I dig. You got a smoking deal for $479. I saw one for $500 at my local GC and kicked myself for not waiting a little longer but you beat that price. Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived