Gibson Brands Forums

Tear Jerkers

kaleb

I believe that's the same album as Bkack Bummer I posted earlier. Love Harry Chapin.

Yes, it is. Harry Chapin is underrated in my opinion, and gone much too soon. :(

The story of "The Rock" seems thought out a bit, but "Black Bummer" may have happened multiple times in reality. The lyrics are stirring beyond reason.

I was just thinking of another in terms of an actual song. I seem to find strings the most emotionally charged sounding instruments and I recall hearing this for the first time as a kid in the 90's and thinking it was the saddest song I'd ever heard! That string section at 03:32 would still bring me to tears if I was feeling down, luckily I'm feeling pretty good these days [smile]

...and thinking of Capmasters Madonna posts. I was never a big fan of Madonna, but I always liked songs like 'Like a Prayer' and 'Frozen'...and talking of Frozen, around the same time this song was about and in a similar style and quite appropriate for this thread. Even though Hooverphonic wrote it and did a great job, Sarah Brightman's cover version was my favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpCDOk8VuM

• 3 weeks later...

Still can't think of One Single Song that makes me get tears. There are a few songs I really hate, I can't stand listening to Janis Joplin. It if it makes you feel better I did get tears watching the 2 dogs die and the kid so heartbroken in "Where The Red Fern Grows." msp_crying.gif

1499025139[/url]' post='1865812']

snapback.pngBlack Dog, on 01 July 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

I cried the first time I watched Led Zeppelin's Black Dog from the '07 O2 concert.

tears of joy, they were. smile.gif

Ok, I didn't know tears of Joy or Laughter counted. I think I remember getting a few tears of laughter with Chuck Berry's "My Ding-A-Ling."

Ok, I didn't know tears of Joy or Laughter counted. I think I remember getting a few tears of laughter with Chuck Berry's "My Ding-A-Ling."

Sorry mate. i mucked up giving you a plus, fat fingers and an i Pad!

Can someone please correct my mistake as I cant do it myself now.

Thanks

I thought somebody might have helped me out by giving Butch a plus to counteract the minus I gave him by mistake a few posts ago, but seeing as nobody has, Butch I've given you a couple of plusses to make up for it....sorry mate.

1499117053[/url]' post='1866112']

I thought somebody might have helped me out by giving Butch a plus to counteract the minus I gave him by mistake a few posts ago, but seeing as nobody has, Butch I've given you a couple of plusses to make up for it....sorry mate.

Quite alright Rob. I see plus and minus on all other members but I only see a zero on mine. Maybe that's because you can't give yourself a like or dislike?

Archived