Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup replacement

Camo69

Just picked up my Epiphone LesPaul 1959 standard complete with Lifton style hardcase and certificate of authenticity. The previous owner for some unknown reason, took out the 'Burstbucker 3' bridge pickup and has put some crappy b&w humbucker in its place. The neck pickup is the original burstbucker 2. Will replacing the bridge pickup with a new burstbucker 3 be the same as the way it was when it left the factory? Thanks

Just picked up my Epiphone LesPaul 1959 standard complete with Lifton style hardcase and certificate of authenticity. The previous owner for some unknown reason, took out the 'Burstbucker 3' bridge pickup and has put some crappy b&w humbucker in its place. The neck pickup is the original burstbucker 2. Will replacing the bridge pickup with a new burstbucker 3 be the same as the way it was when it left the factory? Thanks

Definitely look at the pickup to verify it was switched out or just uncovered. A Burstbucker 3 is probably not the most PAF like pickup out there. I prefer 57 Classics. I have played on PAFs on a stock 61 Les Paul (SG) and can tell you that the BB3 is much hotter than the PAFs were.

Archived