Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Les Paul Standard

tokairic

Just bought a 2017 Les Paul Standard T in Blueberry Burst. Terrific colour, had to have one, which is why I took a beating on a part ex of my mint Heritage Cherry LP . Playability is good now I've set it up to my preference, My local Gibson dealer was good enough to bring out the five he had in stock so I could pick my favourite top - they vary incredibly from almost plain to vibrant flame.

Just wished the acrylic fret markers were pearl like my old one, and they really should have polished them - they were matt and lightly scratched from sanding the fretboard. Although still noticeably less attractive than MOP, they look way better now I have polished them.

All in all very satisfied, (I've even almost recovered from the low p/ex allowance) and it looks like Gotoh hardware - anybody know for sure?

Just bought a 2017 Les Paul Standard T in Blueberry Burst. Terrific colour, had to have one, which is why I took a beating on a part ex of my mint Heritage Cherry LP . Playability is good now I've set it up to my preference, My local Gibson dealer was good enough to bring out the five he had in stock so I could pick my favourite top - they vary incredibly from almost plain to vibrant flame.

Just wished the acrylic fret markers were pearl like my old one, and they really should have polished them - they were matt and lightly scratched from sanding the fretboard. Although still noticeably less attractive than MOP, they look way better now I have polished them.

All in all very satisfied, (I've even almost recovered from the low p/ex allowance) and it looks like Gotoh hardware - anybody know for sure?

I think we're going to need to see this blueberry burst before we can comment.......... [wink]

Yep, rule is no pics - it didn't happen.

Glad you like it. I got one back in January (not blueberry) and it has taken some getting used to the fingerboard, but I love it.

I haven't heard of Gibson uses any Gotoh hardware on factory made LPs.

"and it looks like Gotoh hardware - anybody know for sure? "

I think Gotoh is an OEM who produces similar parts for various guitar companies. I dont know for sure but its possible. Decent product anyway.

Archived