Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L6 Deluxe or I think it is...

Ragnarök

Very nice too - exactly like the one I used to have....my 1st Gibson!

Lucky you have the original Bill Lawrence pups in it.

I bought mine in the late 80s for £200(GBP - I'm in UK) and sold some yrs later for £300. ](*,)

Now a very similar one is on ebay UK for £1285 which is too high - seller probably won't get that much as pups have been changed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Gibson-L6s-Deluxe-Model-1978-Wine-red-/122532408937?hash=item1c87802e69:g:lawAAOSwB-1YtLik

Plus there are some wrecks on ebay USA much cheaper, and a black one for about £585 (US$756).

About £750 ($970) for yours I'd say.

Wow thats more than I expected! I dislike going through ebay though because I have had issues with selling on there recently. People abuse the buyer protection policy and I rather not get enough with that again. Especially for that amount of money. Do you suggest pawn shops or guitar stores ? PS: I also have the purple velvet hardshell too.

I am in the UK so can't really advise you very well, as we don't have pawn shops over here really!

The thing with selling to either a pawn shop or a guitar shop is they will give you a much lower price than a private sale.

However some guitar shops will sell it for you (think this is called 'consignment'?) and take a cut.

And I bet they'd tell you a lower estimated price. The reason I said that price is that it looks all original, unmodded...and it turns out you have the case too.

I'd make you an offer if I was in the USA. I can't afford it, don't need it but as I had one before.....[love]

Good luck!

Archived