Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul Tribute Limited P90 Goldtop

desertlizard

Hello all,

New guy here. I just bought my first Les Paul, and for the first time bought a guitar without playing it first. I went well, the new Tribute arrived in fine shape and plays incredibly well out of the box. This is my sixth guitar. It joins a 70's ES-335, a 2002 SG Special Faded, a random MIM Strat, a Martin D-15, and a Martin 12 string. Hopefully I'm covered now.

There were a couple of surprises when I opened the box. For one the gig bag was much nicer than I expected. More like a soft case. I haven't seen anyone else's pictures that showed that. Secondly, I first opened the pocket and pulled out the materials and found the bench picture...of an SG Fusion Bright Cherry along with it's inspection card. I had a little anxiety as I quickly opened the bag to look for Gold. It was gold, and I later found the real bench picture and inspection card. It was inspected on 5/24/17. Fresh. I kind of feel bad for the SG person who didn't get their picture.

Let's see if I got this picture thing down.

IMG_1496_zpshllmjnvx.jpg

IMG_1497_zpsgzrcygpm.jpg

Cat for scale

IMG_1492_zpsyshmq4zq.jpg

Hello all,

New guy here. I just bought my first Les Paul, and for the first time bought a guitar without playing it first. I went well, the new Tribute arrived in fine shape and plays incredibly well out of the box. This is my sixth guitar. It joins a 70's ES-335, a 2002 SG Special Faded, a random MIM Strat, a Martin D-15, and a Martin 12 string. Hopefully I'm covered now.

There were a couple of surprises when I opened the box. For one the gig bag was much nicer than I expected. More like a soft case. I haven't seen anyone else's pictures that showed that. Secondly, I first opened the pocket and pulled out the materials and found the bench picture...of an SG Fusion Bright Cherry along with it's inspection card. I had a little anxiety as I quickly opened the bag to look for Gold. It was gold, and I later found the real bench picture and inspection card. It was inspected on 5/24/17. Fresh. I kind of feel bad for the SG person who didn't get their picture.

Let's see if I got this picture thing down.

IMG_1496_zpshllmjnvx.jpg

IMG_1497_zpsgzrcygpm.jpg

Cat for scale

IMG_1492_zpsyshmq4zq.jpg

That's great never seen that type of gig bag! I need a gold top!

I assume that this is the one you got?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLPTR9017

VERY VERY cool.. I have one from 2011 with P90s.. LOVE IT...

And yes that gig bag looks frikken great, probably the nicest soft case ive seen them use... Must be a new thing, not seen it before.

Yes,that is the one. I'm loving this thing, how did I not know how cool P90's sound?

Yes,that is the one. I'm loving this thing, how did I not know how cool P90's sound?

Ohh yeah... I love P90s.. I have two Gibbies with them on... They are a bit love or hate.. Some people find them noisy and maybe a bit too dark sounding.. That's why you need both P90 and Humbucker equipped guitars :) (as if we actually need an excuse)

Archived